Site HSE Manager
- Arras, France
One of the world’s leading food companies, General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Häagen-Dazs, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Green Giant, Old El Paso, Yoplait and more.
We seek out the best of the best and give them development, support and the chance to lead something big. Choosing a career with us means joining a company that makes a difference for others. There is tremendous opportunity here for people who want to advance the industry, through innovation and nourish the world with quality.
Acts as a coach and advisor to the site, providing support and technical assistance in the administration of and compliance with federal, state, local, and company HSE requirements. Implements standards and procedures that protect human safety and the environment. This position could require travel of approximately 10%.
Serves as the Site HSE Pillar Owner; primary point of contact and resource for health, safety & environmental issues at the facility.
Represents the Site during Regional HSE Pillar functions.
Ensures the impact of regulatory changes on the businesses are being managed.
Ensures completion and submittal of all required Environmental reports for the facility.
Leads compliance assurance efforts by facilitating frequent HSE self-assessments and tracks corrective action plans to completion.
Provides leadership, direction, and prioritization for site HSE objectives as part of the master planning process.
Mentors, develops, and builds capability in Site HSE Process Owners.
Monitors facility performance against HSE goals and objectives and communicates results to Central Safety Committee.
Reports company-required HSE metrics at required frequencies in GSTEMS.
Actively participates in change management such as relocation, modification, and decommissioning of any affected facility, equipment or process.
Ensures site HSE risk analyses are performed and communicated to Facility Manager, Central Safety Committee, and Regional HSE Leader.
- Collaborates with other Pillars/business functions and participates in special projects as assigned.
Provides support to the site to address regulatory inspections and complaints.
Provides assistance in the investigation of significant incidents (fire, chemical releases, fatalities, severe or multiple injuries, etc.) and follow-up on corrective actions ensuring information is shared throughout the Company to prevent re-occurrence.
Job Knowledge & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental, safety, industrial hygiene or demonstrated ability to meet the job requirements through a comparable work experience.
- Five (5) years of site-level HSE leadership and program management experience.
- Solid interpersonal, coaching, and project management skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Proficient in English and other regional languages.
- Proficient in computer software applications.
- Working knowledge of local HSE regulations.
- Experience in food and beverage manufacturing or related field.