- Uxbridge, UK
One of the world’s leading food companies, General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Häagen-Dazs, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Green Giant, Old El Paso, Yoplait and more. Headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA, General Mills had fiscal 2018 global net sales of US $15.7 billion.
We seek out the best of the best and give them development, support and the chance to lead something big. Choosing a career with us means joining a company that makes a difference for others. There is tremendous opportunity here for people who want to advance the industry, through innovation and nourish the world with quality.
Manges and executes exports of products to other regions. Prepare paperwork for exports and exchange documentation. Communicate with relevant authorities and leverage understanding of export laws to make sure that exports are compliant with local laws and regulations.
• Co-ordinate and prepare all relevant export documentation; working with in plant Customs Administration role to ensure DIFOT targets are met.
• Execute export delivery, liaising with DRP from relevant platform to ensure availability of FG to meet export timelines.
• Report into Transport Hub Lead to provide updates on exportation volumes, risks and issues.
• Define import and export policies and compliance.
• Working with Global Trade team, maintains knowledge of export regulations, apply this to export management & product classification.
• Communicate with export related authorities and Global Trade Team to make sure there is compliance with local territory practices.
• Monitor exports from point of receipt to delivery with relevant Incoterms.
• Interact with shippers, agents and vendors.
• Handle claims with insurance companies.
• Actively pursue improvements – cost, quality, and service – for the export documentation process, by exploring every opportunity available from changes in legislation, technology, and regulation.
• Knowledge and understanding of export regulations
• Experience in international trade and land and sea logistics
• Logistics experience (2 years+)
• Data management including Management and storage of documentation
• Experience in SAP and other relevant IT systems used to manage and track exports movements
• Interpersonal skills and understanding customer needs
• Ability to develop positive, trusting relationships across operational and commercial teams
Key Skills and Leadership Requirements
· Able to work across borders and cultures
· Function specific competencies:
o Broad Perspective
o Interpersonal Effectiveness
o Learning Agility
· Delivers Outstanding Results:
o Delivers on short and long-term commitments
o Adds value with superior expertise
· Energizes and Develops People:
o Inspires and motivates others
o Collaborates across boundaries
o Develops people, organizations and self
o Values diversity
· Leads Innovation:
o Connects to the outside world
o Encourages innovation
o Engenders trust at all levels
o Demonstrates unquestionable integrity