Trade Systems Manager
- Uxbridge, UK
One of the world’s leading food companies, General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Häagen-Dazs, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Green Giant, Old El Paso, Yoplait and more. Headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA, General Mills had fiscal 2018 global net sales of US $15.7 billion.
We seek out the best of the best and give them development, support and the chance to lead something big. Choosing a career with us means joining a company that makes a difference for others. There is tremendous opportunity here for people who want to advance the industry, through innovation and nourish the world with quality.
Purpose: Develop and deliver strategic Trade Systems Capability roadmap across all markets, working in partnership with GBS and external partners to provide solutions and tools which help accelerate our control, rigour and understanding of Trade Spend across the Region.
The role has full strategic and tactical (operational) ownership of Trade System Capabilities for the EUAU segment.
The geography encompasses Europe & Australasia which has a trade budget of $1.8bn(*)
Strategic development centres around launching and continued development of our trade capabilities – predominantly the Trade Promotional Management (TPM) product, alongside the identification of appropriate trade management tools for markets which currently are manually managing trade.
Operational responsibilities centre around line management and tutelage of a direct report (EUAU Trade Systems Ops Manager) and TPM market leads to support business activation in terms of data governance, change Management, testing, training, in market user support, issue identification and resolution.
You will be a strong communicator with great influencing ability as you lead the conversation between GBS, the markets and the region to ensure GBS resource and developments are in accordance to business requirements thus enabling the delivery of our long-term commercial strategies. The ability to inspire and lead change is paramount in this role, energizing markets, facilitating their project engagement to ultimately accelerate our profitable growth agenda.
Key Strategic Responsibilities
· Owns the strategic development of the trade capability vision for EUAU and empowered to make decisions on behalf of the segment and end user
· Change management, inspire and influence key the stakeholders
· Build the Trade systems roadmap, prioritizing developments and enhancements based on highest business value first
· Leadership of the regional implementation plan for the trade systems roadmap
o Manages the queue of requirements communicating desired timelines to the EUAU business and GBS product team
o Helps to define requirements and break these down to smaller increments of work for the GBS team, including prioritizing work items, ensuring team members understand what problem needs to be solved, and that the backlog is visible and transparent.
· Works with the local TPM leads to understand and manage any business process changes resulting from the work being done and secure resourcing from business to test and sign off
· Accountable and responsible for trade capabilities and related system development
Key Operational Responsibilities
· Line management and tutelage of a direct report (EUAU Trade Systems Ops Manager) and TPM market leads to support business activation in terms of:
o Data governance
o In market user support, issue identification and resolution.
o Change Management – deployment of trade systems roadmap developments and enhancements to secure promotion and acceptance of the defined processes
o Leadership and execution of the regional TPM training program
Direct report: EUAU Trade Systems Operations Manager
Indirect reports: TPM market leads
Regional: Vice President/ Finance Director, Commercial Development Director, Trade Marketing Director, Sales Finance Manager, Trade Marketing Manager, Demand Planning Manager
Local market: Sales Directors, CTM Directors, TPM market leads, BAM’s/ KAM’s Finance Analysts, Demand Planning Managers & Exec’s
GMI: EUAU Solution Manager – Commercial Capabilities
Qualifications / Work Experience / Technical Skills
· University degree
· At least 5 years FMCG, retail or supplier is essential
· Min. of 2 years customer/ trade management experience
· Demand planning is desirable
· SAP ERP, TPM, Business Warehouse experience
· European/ Australasian experience is desirable
· Very strong leadership and influencing skills
· Strong commercial skills
Core Competencies Required:
· Strategic Business Planning - Able to be strategic and tactical, translating the trade capability vision to the business and GBS
· Communication - Strong communication skills, able to speak on behalf of the business, the user and the TPM system
· Problem Solving & Analytics - Willing to help resolve questions and/or roadblocks
· Leads Innovation - A change influencer and servant leader. Able to assess value, develop themes, features or ideas to ensure that work is focused on delivering the highest business value firs