Demand Planner - Capabilities
- Uxbridge, UK
One of the world’s leading food companies, General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Häagen-Dazs, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Green Giant, Old El Paso, Yoplait and more. Headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA, General Mills had fiscal 2018 global net sales of US $15.7 billion.
We seek out the best of the best and give them development, support and the chance to lead something big. Choosing a career with us means joining a company that makes a difference for others. There is tremendous opportunity here for people who want to advance the industry, through innovation and nourish the world with quality.
As General Mills continues to position itself to win in a fast-paced, complex marketplace, we must continually assess our capabilities and ways of working. We recognize the need to build capabilities across our Logistics and Supply & Demand planning network in EUAU to improve how we orchestrate and execute across our functional areas.
General Mills is investing in building a center of excellence of Supply Chain in our Uxbridge Office that will help us enhance our capabilities in supply & planning and physical logistics for EUAU.
The center of excellence for Supply in the General Mills Uxbridge will be accountable to:
- Scale our capability initiatives
- Simplify and standardize processes, or eliminate processes when necessary
- Create a foundation for successful launch and learns
- Integrate our resources and capabilities into an enhanced regional team to accelerate our progress and results.
In this role you will:
Support the regional logistics team in bringing a step change in Demand Planning capability, including but not limited to:
o Process mapping current environment to support standardization and optimization opportunities across clusters
o Support demand planning pilot opportunities including statistical forecasting, forecast enrichment and regional demand Review
o Support the EUAU Demand COE to develop and implement demand planning best practices throughout region
· For all programs, bring together the right people to facilitate all activities (diagnosis, design, implementation plan, decision making) and use appropriate tools and internal resources in terms of project management.
- 6 years of experience in Supply Chain Roles with minimum 3 year of experience in Demand Planning and S&OP/SIOP/IBP process facilitation (including working knowledge of SAP APO). Experience in matrix environment and in FMCG is desirable.
- Strong analytical skills: must feel comfortable working with several sources of data and information to identify relevant insights. Data gathering, and quantitative and qualitative data analysis, including business process metrics and measures linking to business KPIS.
- Effective time management and organization. Multitasker.
- Strong personal computer skills required, proficiency in the use of excel, including advanced spreadsheet tools. Desirable but not mandatory: mathematical/statistical knowledge, demonstrated capability in modeling, analysis and simulations tools.
- Strong leadership & communication skills: ability to defend your point of view and work confidently with various levels in the organization. Excellent interpersonal skills with confidence to challenge.
- Demonstrated success in process and/or tools improvements initiatives. Continuous improvement mindset.
- English must have, French is Desirable
What will you get from us?
- Competitive Package
- Private Healthcare
- Dental Cover
- Life Assurance
- Eye Care Vouchers
- Childcare Vouchers
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Gym onsite – Go live June 2019
- 1st Class Training and Development
This is a very rewarding role for an experienced supply chain professional who wants to drive and be part of a an exciting change within a global organization.