Senior Business Account Manager - 12 Months FTC
- Uxbridge, UK
One of the world’s leading food companies, General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Häagen-Dazs, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Green Giant, Old El Paso, Yoplait and more.
We seek out the best of the best and give them development, support and the chance to lead something big. Choosing a career with us means joining a company that makes a difference for others. There is tremendous opportunity here for people who want to advance the industry, through innovation and nourish the world with quality.
Reporting to the Customer Director and as a key part of one of our Top 4 client teams, this role will be responsible for leading the interface between General Mills UK and the Customer, and the achievement of Company sales, share and profit goals, including maintaining and developing the growth of our brands within a key Retailer.
This is a demanding role which will require drive, ambition and enthusiasm, combined with a high level of technical skills such as selling, negotiation, forecasting and commercial awareness, as well as an ability to drive high levels of Customer intimacy.
As a key aspect of this role will be daily interaction with other functions within the business, applicants will need to demonstrate success in working as part of a cross functional team.
This is a high profile role within the business and candidates should be focused on developing their career with General Mills beyond this initial role.
• Prepare and deliver an annual sales plan.
• Deliver financial and volume forecast accuracy on monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
• Evaluate promotional ROI to ensure the most efficient use of promotional expenditure.
• Iplement an agreed promotional plan within defined investment budgets.
• Be able to understand you customer their shopper and their strategies
• Effectively communicate customer strategies internally
• Drive thought leadership on our Categories within the Customer.
• Develop and recommend account strategies and tactics to maximize the sales and gross profit for both parties.
• Implement plans for excellent execution, liaising with key contacts within the Customer and internally.
• Work as part of the cross functional team to develop Customer Intimacy.
Qualifications / Work Experience / Technical Skills
• Degree calibre
• Proven successful experience at National Account Manager level within a branded FMCG business selling to Grocery Multiples, for at least 2 trading cycles.
• Strong understanding & experience of UK grocery trade.
• Demonstrated understanding of category management process and awareness of how to use process to generate wins for GMUK
• Confidence and ability to develop and present compelling sales presentations.
• Strong sales and negotiation skills.
• Experience of delivering results through working in cross-functional teams.
• Exposure or understanding of consumer marketing.
• Good relationship builder
• Drive and confidence, relishes challenges, robust outlook
• Resilience, drive & track record of delivering outstanding results
• Strong interpersonal skills, maintains two way verbal and oral communication
• Strong commercial acumen
• Approach work in a planned and prioritized manner
• Critical thinker / analytical
• Listens, understands & responds to customers’ needs
• Open and responsive to challenge
• Passion & enthusiasm for brands
• Ambitious and proactive