Junior National Account Manager/ Key Account Manager
- Uxbridge, UK
One of the world’s leading food companies, General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Häagen-Dazs, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Green Giant, Old El Paso, Yoplait and more.
We seek out the best of the best and give them development, support and the chance to lead something big. Choosing a career with us means joining a company that makes a difference for others. There is tremendous opportunity here for people who want to advance the industry, through innovation and nourish the world with quality.
The Junior National Account Manager (KAM) You will be apart of the Tesco/Booker team responsible for managing and supporting the achievement of Company sales, share and profit goals, including maintaining and developing the growth of our key brands including Häagen-Dazs, Yoplait and Nature Valley. .
• In conjunction with the line manager prepare and deliver a Customer business development plan for nominated accounts
• To be involved in category management initiatives within customer to secure competitive advantage for GMUK brands.
• Implement agreed promotional plan within defined trade investment budgets.
• Evaluate promotional effectiveness to ensure the most efficient use of promotional expenditure.
• Work with customers to develop category plans which achieve mutually agreed objectives.
• Achieve specific distribution objectives by account for existing and new products.
• Provide the business with accurate rolling monthly sales forecasts.
• Deliver and rationalize an accurate monthly demand plan
• Involved in specific project work as directed by Line Manager
• Develops contact strategy enabling engagement at the most senior levels within the customer
• Identifies new business opportunities and make recommendations to secure
Required: Qualifications/Work Experience/Technical Skills
• Degree calibre
• Previous account management experience within a branded FMCG business.
• Proven track record of success within an account management focused role.
• Understands the application of Category management principles.
• Confidence and ability to develop and present compelling sales presentations.
• Strong sales and negotiation skills.
• Proven Communication skills