Brand Marketing Internship (6-months)
- Mount Waverley VIC 3149, Australia
General Mills is among the world’s leading food companies. Headquartered in the United States in Minnesota, General Mills, with over $15.6 billion in net sales and more than 41,000 employees worldwide, is the fifth largest food company in the world, marketing a portfolio of dynamic and trusted consumer brands across a wide range of food categories, holding No.1 or No. 2 market positions in virtually every category in which they compete.
Some of our most known global and regional brands are Häagen-Dazs, Old El Paso, Green Giant, Nature Valley, Pillsbury, Yoplait, Betty Crocker, in addition to strong local brands such as Knack & Back in Germany, Jus-Rol in the United Kingdom, and Latina in Australia/NZ. Named one of the Top 100 Companies To Work For by Fortune Magazine, General Mills is also a multi award-winning employer across the globe, committed to talent development.
The Europe/Australasia region is the largest business in the International Division and is headquartered in Switzerland. It has an impressive track record of growth and is the fastest growing food company in many of the markets in which it operates.
At General Mills, brand building is the focal point from which all decisions are made. Our internship program is a combination of projects with real business impact and day-to-day work that will allow you to make an immediate impact on our brands and help build our business worldwide. An internship could be the start of a rewarding international career in Brand Management with General Mills.
To maximize your learning and prepare you for increasing responsibility, we believe that you will benefit from different experiences across General Mills. We value employee development and are committed to promoting from within our next generation of senior executives. You may have an internship in brand management at the country or regional level. Your manager will share an assignment plan with you and will help you with day to day coaching and support.
To qualify for an internship with General Mills, you must:
- Be a University student interested and passionate about a career in Brand Management; Focus or specialization in Marketing a plus
- Prior internship/work experience in Marketing, Consumer Research, Sales or related field plus
- Demonstrate your leadership ability and team work
- Be able to think creatively with strategic insight
- Have excellent communication skills
- Be fluent in English, other languages French a plus
- Be eligible to do an internship for 6-months
- Able to obtain a work permit for the internship, plus a potential full-time placement in Australia
- Be prepared for an international career, starting from your internship!
Develop a Brand Strategy: Analyze business and consumer trends, identify key issues facing your business and build and execute innovative marketing plans.
Team Leadership: Lead cross-functional teams in the development and execution of marketing plan strategies – including advertising, product development, packaging, trade and consumer promotions, and business operation of your brand.
Innovation: Identify new, innovative ideas to drive brand growth. Develop new product ideas and strategies. Create high-impact promotions, advertising, packaging, sales or operational innovation.
Goal Setting and Financial Management: Set annual volume, profit and share objectives and manage your business to deliver them.
An internship with General Mills will provide you with a great opportunity to:
- Acquire a broad view of GMI to understand your career fit.
- Build marketing skills and competencies, including business analysis, creativity, teamwork and strategic leadership.
- Understand day-to-day functional responsibilities such as deliveries analysis & communications development.
- Develop strong working relationships within the marketing community and across functional groups.
- Receive professional development and training.
What will you get from us?
- We have a very flexible, employee-focussed culture with a great work environment
- Benefits such as staff discount on Latina, Betty Crocker, Old El Paso and Nature Valley
- We will look for ways to help you grow your skill set through cross-functional career opportunities and stretch assignments
- We invest in both your professional and personal development
- At General Mills, our mission and our values are our strategy for success and our people are the key ingredients in bringing them to life.
If you are ready to fulfill your potential and share your talents with the outstanding people of General Mills please click “I'm interested” below.
If you are looking for an internship starting January 2019 please apply now