Senior Process Engineer
- Rooty Hill NSW 2766, Australia
General Mills is a global food manufacturer, marketing some of the world's leading consumer brands in more than 100 countries, globally employing over 33,000 people. Our brand portfolio includes market leading brands such as Old El Paso Mexican foods, Latina fresh pasta and sauce, Betty Crocker baking mixes, and Nature Valley muesli bars.
An exciting opportunity exists for a Senior Process Engineer to join the General Mills team in Rooty Hill. Reporting to the Plant Manager, you will take the lead role in the development, management and successful implementation and improvement of products and processes.
Through the transfer of knowledge and technical upskilling of the onsite operator and maintenance teams through delivering technical training programs and on-line coaching. This role would be specifically focused on, process improvements and product improvements and would include process development support for the introduction of new products. It would be primarily focused on Fresh Meal Solution business.
What do we need you to do?
Support and execute technology development projects from the early conceptual phase through commercialization: Develop technical feasibility, scope, budget, and provide technical leadership to the project.
Lead manufacturing operations support and troubleshooting assistance to the product platforms and local teams as necessary
Create and maintain a comprehensive training matrix for all operators and maintenance personnel in chilled platform.
Ensure compliance to relevant product quality standards/policies.
What sort of person do we need?
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant field including food science, agriculture or engineering
- Demonstrated experience in bringing products from concept to launch
- At least 2 years of relevant post-qualification work
- Significant experience in a food manufacturing environment; including running plant trials, developing new product processes and troubleshooting on processes lines to deliver savings and improvements;
- Strong ability to autonomously manage all components of a project and ability to deliver against project deadlines;
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to liaise and communicate at all levels
What salary are we considering?
A range between $95,000 and $105,000 per year plus super