Customer Demand Planner
- Uxbridge, UK
One of the world’s leading food companies, General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Häagen-Dazs, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Green Giant, Old El Paso, Yoplait and more.
We seek out the best of the best and give them development, support and the chance to lead something big. Choosing a career with us means joining a company that makes a difference for others. There is tremendous opportunity here for people who want to advance the industry, through innovation and nourish the world with quality.
Roles & Responsibilities
As part of our Customer Demand Planning team, you will help drive the performance of General Mills’ products within one or more of the UK’s Top 5 Retailers.
•Event Management; promotions, NPD etc. through collaborative planning / forecasting, execution, tracking and review. Demand Planning; analysing both internal and customer data (sales, forecast, service and stock) you will drive insights into the business to improve promotional performance and forecast accuracy.
•Customer Engagement; accountable for overall service and relationship within your customer(s).
Collaborative demand planning for all base and events for your customer, having overall accountability for our supply chain KPI’s for your customer.
> Base and promotion demand planning for on shelf and off shelf promotions working closely with Account Managers and Brand Planners.
> Promotional tracking, reporting with high level of analysis on performance with post promotional evaluations.
> Responsible for planning and agreeing NPD launches with your customer.
> Collaborate internally and externally with key stakeholders to achieve excellent forecast accuracy and service level to your customer.
> Drive best practice and adherence to the IBM cycle.
> Always looking for improvement in ways of working using high level of analysis to meet KPI targets.
Establish and build strong and influential relationships with your customers supply chain at the relevant level.
> Prepare and lead regular collaborative review meetings with customer’s supply chain.
> Pro-actively challenge customer where required, becoming advisor to customer.
> Look at availability right through to shelf
> Work with Customer’s supply chain in order to optimize General Mills products performance.
> Explore ways to develop your customer both internally and externally resulting in shared business benefits logistics, OSA and wastage.
Aim to be the expert for your customer for General Mills brands first point of contact for any queries both
internally and externally.
- Degree caliber
- Proven success in Supply or Demand planning within an FMCG or Retailer environment
- Experience and knowledge of key grocers
- Knowledge and experience of dealing with Retailer systems and processes
- Knowledge of SAP/ APO or TPM systems
- Experience of influencing stakeholders and customers
Required: Work Attributes/Qualities
- Excellent interpersonal & influencing skills with ability to constructively challenge & build great relationships.
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally.
- Performance driven with a Continuous Improvement mind set.
- Proactive approach, working with minimum supervision.
- Collaborative approach to teamwork.
- Ability to multitask, prioritise and consistently achieve tight deadlines
- Strong quantitative and computer skills (Microsoft office package)
- Strong analytical skills, root cause management to improve demand and supply KPIs
We are looking for a candidate who is passionate and enthusiastic, has a positive and proactive approach to work. An individual who relishes challenge but can balance the everyday work. Enjoys working with others and building great relationships but can work alone or take the lead when needed.