Post Room / Employee Services Assistant
- Uxbridge, UK
Food. Purpose. You.
We are a company inspired by purpose: we serve the world by making food people love. Every day we make this love real through our brands, our culture and the way we treat the world.
Our brands—like Yoplait, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Häagen-Dazs and Nature Valley, to name a few—are adored in more than 100 countries on six continents. Our global team of 42,000 brings passion and creativity to work with them every day. And our devotion to community and planet drives the way we give back and do business.
When inspiring purpose meets solid strategy, big things happen. We’re ranked one of the top 20 companies in U.S. with sales of $18.0 billion in 2017. That’s a lot of love.
The Post Room Assistant is an integral member of the Employee Services team, the role is to provide proactive, ongoing support to the ES Manager and a consistently professional, efficient and timely service to the business. Specifically, this role will be the initial point-of-contact/administrator for a range of facilities and services.
Reporting to the Employee Services Manager, key responsibilities associated of the Post Room Assistant will include but not limited to:
• Managing all aspects of post room services, ensuring they are performed to the highest possible standard.
• Completion of FDA Prior Notices for shipments of food and drink products to the US
• First point of contact for stock deliveries to include manual handling eg unloading of pallets into cages and delivering to storage facilities (ambient, chilled, frozen as appropriate)
• Manage employees personal post procedure.
• Manage and coordinate meeting room including equipment and furniture. Responsible for meeting room telephones, audio and visual presentation equipment including video conference.
• Manage confidential waste via third party contractor
• Manage the order and administration process for courier shipments
• Manage the reporting of office equipment and building faults in a timely fashion, liaising with engineers and security as appropriate
• Invoice administration including raising department PO’s and account allocation for non PO invoices to multiple cost centres
• Ad hoc projects as required
Cover for Reception
• Manage Switchboard to be a first point of contact for all visitors and telephone callers to Harman House
• Manage Occupational Health and Fitness & Nutrition Consultant appointments
• Manage the stock control, ordering, storage and distribution of free issue products
• Manage the door access system, assigning cards to new starters
• Manage the car park access system, keeping records of all employee car details
Employee Services are the first business contact for visitors and employees at General Mills and Yoplait. It is vital that a calm, courteous and professional demeanor is maintained at all times.
The successful Post Room Assistant will have;
• Smart, presentable with an excellent telephone manner and the ability to multitask whilst managing client expectations in a calm and professional manner
• Worked in a fast paced mailing house
• Processed and sorted post
• Handled Stock
• Computer literate – Experience of using SAP is desirable.
• Ability to effectively priorities and manage conflicting priorities effectively
• Manual handling of stock is essential for this role and the successful candidate must be prepared and able to undertake unloading of goods from pallets, transfer to cages and delivery to storage facilities (ambient/chilled/frozen) as appropriate.