Assistant Brand Manager
- Uxbridge, UK
Food. Purpose. You.
We are a company inspired by purpose: we serve the world by making food people love. Every day we make this love real through our brands, our culture and the way we treat the world.
Our brands—like Yoplait, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Häagen-Dazs and Nature Valley, to name a few—are adored in more than 100 countries on six continents. Our global team of 42,000 brings passion and creativity to work with them every day. And our devotion to community and planet drives the way we give back and do business.
When inspiring purpose meets solid strategy, big things happen. We’re ranked one of the top 20 companies in U.S. with sales of $18.0 billion in 2017. That’s a lot of love.
This role will be help support the delivery of the brand’s revenue and profit targets by leading the analysis and tracking of the business and supporting the broader team on key projects.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting to the Marketing Manager, the incumbent will assume the following set of responsibilities:
• Lead the implementation of the brand’s social media and Always On strategy.
‒ Development & implementation of the 30-60-90 day Always On plan, including annual brand content calendar
‒ Oversee community management on social media
‒ Report and analyze social media performance and make adjustments to improve performance based on this data
‒ Implement SEO recommendations on websites and social channels
‒ Work with Digital Producer, local and regional marketing teams to create and curate new content
• Lead brand tracking for brand and ad hoc performance analysis of specific launches and campaigns. Make business recommendations based on:
- Monthly retailer and consumer panels analysis
- Competitor activity/innovation review and observations in store.
- Ad Hoc market research (consumer, pricing etc)
• Support business in delivering key business objectives:
- Work on promotional and BTL campaigns with agencies and customers from briefing through to implementation.
- Execute packaging development projects via gclips.
- Activation of NPD/renovation projects.
• Work closely with key internal departments including Sales, Regional Marketing, Legal) as well as external agencies, ensuring the development, activation and analysis of the branded marketing activities.
• Support the marketing team including A&CP management, preparing presentations & cook-ups.
This role offers the opportunity to work within a fast moving consumer goods company. The individual will be expected to take responsibility and demonstrate strong initiative.
Experience / Exposure / Temperament
• Graduate or graduate caliber
• Branded consumer marketing experience preferred, but not essential.
• Strong project management skills
• Strong analytical skills (experience of IRI/Nielsen/Kantar is an advantage)
• Business oriented and result driven
• Team player and ability to demonstrate strong cross functional skills
• Ability to be pragmatic and take the initiative
• Excellent communication skills
• Able to work with different cultures/background and adapt communication style
• Cultural fit with the Company's values: passionate, accurate, resultsoriented, high level of integrity, supportive, open, flexible.
Joining General Mills is your chance to be part of a fun and collaborative team - a small team in a big company! Our robust projects give you the opportunity to make an immediate impact as you learn and grow in preparation for your future. You will interact with senior leaders, build a professional network, and create lasting friendships.
Benefits include 25 days holiday + bank holidays, and a 3pm finish on a Friday!