Supply Chain Internship
- Uxbridge, UK
One of the world’s leading food companies, General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Häagen-Dazs, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Green Giant, Old El Paso, Yoplait and more.
We seek out the best of the best and give them development, support and the chance to lead something big. Choosing a career with us means joining a company that makes a difference for others. There is tremendous opportunity here for people who want to advance the industry, through innovation and nourish the world with quality.
A great opportunity to take a first step into a supply chain role, where you will get a broad understanding of the Supply Chain in FMCG. The role supports the Supply and Demand Team to manage the demand plan and supply and replenishment processes for core brands ensuring maximum product availability at minimum cost.
Delivering against key supply chain and business KPI’s
- Supporting accurate monthly Demand plan
- Demand Control – the tracking of abnormal demand, management of forecast consumption and Available to Promise.
- Primary contact between GMUK and the Supply Centre(s) providing the key communication channel with regard to Supply & Demand information.
Stock optimisation, inventory planning:
- SKU classification/segmentation
- Adjusting stock strategies through stock builds and peak periods
- Stock recs ensuring accuracy
- KPI reporting, weekly and monthly
- Running the supply/demand review process with the relevant manufacturing plant
Cross functional working with demand and logistics through peak periods and weekly/monthly processes:
- Business or Supply/Logistics Graduate
- Experience of collaborating and influencing others
- Project management experience, able to plan effectively and deliver on time
- Experience of working with data to analyze, evaluate and create recommendations
- Able to demonstrate good planning and administration skills
- PC Literate, with intermediate excel skills
- Good attention to detail
- Numerate and analytical
Application Deadline July 31st