- Uxbridge, UK
Food. Purpose. You.
We are a company inspired by purpose: we serve the world by making food people love. Every day we make this love real through our brands, our culture and the way we treat the world.
Our brands—like Yoplait, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Häagen-Dazs and Nature Valley, to name a few—are adored in more than 100 countries on six continents. Our global team of 42,000 brings passion and creativity to work with them every day. And our devotion to community and planet drives the way we give back and do business.
When inspiring purpose meets solid strategy, big things happen. We’re ranked one of the top 20 companies in U.S. with sales of $18.0 billion in 2017. That’s a lot of love.
Reporting to: Tax Manager, NEC
Functional Area: Finance
Position : Full time
Roles & Responsibilities
The role of Tax Accountant is a fantastic opportunity to join an expanding FMCG business. As a key resource of the Northern Europe Finance function the role will support the transfer price based tax models of General Mills and Yoplait across the geography and statutory compliance in four European countries. Additionally, internal tax reporting to the European and Global tax teams will be an integral part of the role. A key aspect of this role will be to take responsibility for the review, sign off and submission of VAT and Intrastat returns throughout the region.
Skills & Qualifications
Qualifications / Work Experience / Technical Skills
Experience / Exposure / Temperament
• Part qualified (CIMA/ACCA). Taxation qualifications would be considered.
• At least two years experience working in the tax department of a multi-national
• Some ERP experience ideally SAP
• A working appreciation of transfer pricing
• Advanced Excel skills
• Experience of working in a multi-site environment
• Ability to manage conflicting priorities
Candidate’s required skills
• Ability to work with minimal supervision and integrate with the team
• Analytical with an attention to detail, high levels of accuracy
• Ability to critically review, challenge and improve business processes and ways of working
• A dynamic self-starter who is both proactive and results orientated
• Clear and concise communicator, both in writing and verbally
• Strong interpersonal skills to build constructive relationships
• Possesses a non-confrontational manner with an ability to influence
• Eagerness to learn and progress
• An interest in improving systems and processes
• Flexible attitude towards responsibilities. Team members often assist with projects within the wider Finance department. The candidate must also have the confidence to take on a higher responsibility for tasks when departmental workloads dictate that this is desirable
Personal fit with the Company's culture & values:
Our values: Everything we do reflects our strong core values and we live these values every day:
Joining General Mills is your chance to be part of a fun and collaborative team - a small team in a big company! Our robust projects give you the opportunity to make an immediate impact as you learn and grow in preparation for your future. You will interact with senior leaders, build a professional network, and create lasting friendships. Benefits include 25 days holiday + bank holidays, good pension plan, flexible Friday, and free ice-cream!