Brand Manager- Contract, Part-Time
- Melbourne VIC 3004, Australia
Food. Purpose. You.
We serve the world by making food people love. As one of the world’s leading food companies, General Mills believes that food should make us better. Food brings us joy and nourishes our lives, connecting us to each other and the earth. General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Häagen-Dazs, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Green Giant, Old El Paso, Yoplait and more. Headquartered in Minneapolis, General Mills had global net sales of US$15.6 billion during fiscal 2017.
We seek out the best talent, then give them development resources, support and the chance to lead something big. Choosing a career with General Mills means joining a company where you can make a difference in the lives of millions of people. There is tremendous opportunity here for individuals who want to advance food through innovation and serve the world.
We have an exciting opportunity for an energetic Brand Manager to join our marketing team on a part time basis. In this role you will be responsible for the full marketing mix including the development, implementation and day to day management of brand marketing strategies for your brand portfolio to deliver the annual targets. You will also be the marketing representative on the business team.
- Lead, develop and manage the local execution of NPD including internal Stage and Gate processes.
- Lead, Build-on and execute regional innovation strategy
- Track, measure and report on total brand performance
- Develop and execute annual cross functional strategic plan, partnering with local and regional teams
- Development and coordination of communication strategy and plans
- Involvement in Integrated Business Management (IBM) process and retailer reviews
To be successful in this role you are an open, candid and innovative brand manager able to demonstrate the traction you have gained through strong planning, execution orientation, and powerful communication programs.
You will also have the following:
- Experience in developing and managing research plans.
- Strong communication, influencing and leadership skills ensuring significant internal and external relationships.
- Strong leadership, agility and capability to execute and develop plans within a matrix organisation.
- Proactively demonstrate initiative, seek opportunities to learn and develop in order to expand contributions and add value.
- Proven NPD experience, including project management and delivery
- Ideally 3-5 years brand management experience with FMCG
- Bachelor degree in Marketing, Business or Commerce
What will you get from us?
• We have a fun, employee-focused culture with a great work environment
• We will look for ways to help you grow your skill set through cross-functional career opportunities and secondments.
At General Mills, our mission and our values are our strategy for success and our people are the key ingredients in bringing them to life. If you are ready for a new challenge, please click “I'm interested” below!