- Uxbridge, UK
Food. Purpose. You.
We serve the world by making food people love. As one of the world’s leading food companies, General Mills believes that food should make us better. Food brings us joy and nourishes our lives, connecting us to each other and the earth. General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Häagen-Dazs, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Green Giant, Old El Paso, Yoplait and more. Headquartered in Minneapolis, General Mills had global net sales of US$17.6 billion during fiscal 2015.
We seek out the best talent, then give them development resources, support and the chance to lead something big. Choosing a career with General Mills means joining a company where you can make a difference in the lives of millions of people. There is tremendous opportunity here for individuals who want to advance food through innovation and serve the world.
Based in Uxbridge or Paris
MSO is General Mills’ internal Creative and Technology product group with 40+ professionals committed to creating digital-first experiences that connect consumers to brands.
We deliver websites, content, social media and web applications for a broad range of General Mills brands - our clients - including globally recognized CPG (or FMCG) names like Häagen-Dazs, Cheerios, Old El Paso, and Nature Valley, to name a few. We are proud of the work we produce and we're even prouder of the team we've built at General Mills global HQ in Minneapolis, MN.
Our team is expanding, and we need to find an experienced Senior Strategist, with exemplary Digital marketing credentials and a holistic view of modern marketing, to be based in our French HQ in Paris, France.
A Senior Strategist within MSO is an exciting role that connects the business problems and challenges that our clients face with solutions that our talented production team can implement.
The role requires a deep level of insight, a passion for problem solving and a wealth of digital knowledge. The Senior Strategist is responsible for developing solutions to meet clients’ brand objectives based on consumer insight and data. Spotting trends and technologies that play roles in consumer’s lives, as well as familiarity with digital disciplines - such as SEO, social media, data and analytics, web development, production - are beneficial skills to have in this position.
You will be accountable for partnering with marketing and agency stakeholders to lead strategic initiatives across digital and social. This position entails interaction with a variety of business and IT teams in addition to coordination with multiple external agencies.
The outputs of your work will include proposals, presentations, road maps, digital plans, user journey maps, user personas, and content audits (to name a few!).
· Partner and consult with brand teams to develop digital objectives and strategies
· Consult with brand teams on social strategy and assist in determining the best way to execute, learn and scale
· Work with IT to define technology solutions that support and promote digital business growth
· Oversee multiple projects and priorities
· Work with a large creative and development team
· Stay abreast of digital trends and best practices
· Lead Digital IQ sessions to share/train brand teams
Required Skills and Experience:
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills in French and English
· Experience leading and providing direction across globally distributed teams
· Experience leading digital strategy in the CPG/FMCG industry
· Proven experience learning and using new technologies
· Excellent problem-solving skills
· Strong experience in all phases of the creative and website development life cycle
· Strong organization, communication (written and verbal) and motivational skills
· Excellent time management, organizational, negotiation, influence and prioritization skills and ability to balance multiple priorities
· Ability to work under pressure to meet aggressive time schedules
· Familiarity with Agile development practices desired
· A strong passion for the web and digital
· Ability to interact and positively influence stakeholders
· Effective at developing creative/innovative solutions
· Ability to lead change, work cross-functionally, and learn quickly
· Good problem-solving skills, bias for action and strong time management skills
· Comfortable presenting to senior leadership
Stuff you need to know about
· User research
· User journeys
· User personas
· Content audits
· Information architecture
· Usability analysis
· User experience design
· Frontend development
· Content management systems
· Digital asset management systems
· Content delivery networks
· Marketing automation
· A/B testing
· Content personalization
· Search Engine Optimization
· Content marketing
What will you get from us?
• We have a fun, employee-focussed culture with a great work environment
• Benefits such as private healthcare, pension, 25 days annual leave, childcare vouchers plus lots of free ice cream!
• We will look for ways to help you grow your skill set through cross-functional career opportunities and secondments.
At General Mills, our mission and our values are our strategy for success and our people are the key ingredients in bringing them to life. If you are ready for a new challenge, please click “I'm interested” below!