Plant Maintenance Technician
- Oinofyta, Greece
General Mills is among the world’s leading food companies with the mission of Nourishing Lives, through our brands, making our consumers’ lives healthier, easier and richer.
Headquartered in the United States in Minnesota, General Mills, with over $17.8 billion in net sales and more than 41,000 employees worldwide, is the fifth largest food company in the world, marketing a portfolio of dynamic and trusted consumer brands across a wide range of food categories, holding No.1 or No. 2 market positions in virtually every category in which they compete.
Some of our most known global and regional brands are Häagen-Dazs, Old El Paso, Green Giant, Nature Valley, Pillsbury, Yoplait, Betty Crocker, in addition to strong local brands such as Knack & Back in Germany, Jus-Rol in the United Kingdom, and Latina in Australia/NZ.
Named One of the Top 100 Companies To Work For by Fortune Magazine, General Mills is also a multi award winning employer across the globe, committed to talent development.
The Europe/Australasia region is the largest business in the International Division and is headquartered in Switzerland. It has an impressive track record of growth and is the fastest growing food company in many of the markets in which it operates.
Under direct supervision, the Maintenance Technician will be responsible for performing general maintenance and repairs on facility equipment and property structures. All work will be done in compliance with safety rules and regulations.
- Perform highly diversified duties to install and maintain production machines and the plant facility’s equipment.
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service.
- Perform simple machinist duties and responsibilities.
- Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production machines.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments.
- Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and plant facilities.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- Technical degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- 2-3 years of experience, preferably in a manufacturing facility
- Ability to prioritize tasks and follow specified procedures
- Trouble shooting ability
- Safety Improvement culture
- Effective communication skills
- Fluent in Greek - Basic in English
What will you get from us?
- Shuttle service
- An employee-focused culture with a great work environment
- Ways to help you grow your skill set through cross-functional experience and stretch assignments in an evolving environment
At General Mills, our mission and our values are our strategy for success and our people are the key ingredients in bringing them to life. If you are ready for a new challenge, please click “I'm interested” below!