Employee Services Coordinator (Receptionist)
- Uxbridge, UK
Food. Purpose. You.
We serve the world by making food people love. As one of the world’s leading food companies, General Mills believes that food should make us better. Food brings us joy and nourishes our lives, connecting us to each other and the earth. General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Häagen-Dazs, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Green Giant, Old El Paso, Yoplait and more. Headquartered in Minneapolis, General Mills had global net sales of US$17.6 billion during fiscal 2015.
We seek out the best talent, then give them development resources, support and the chance to lead something big. Choosing a career with General Mills means joining a company where you can make a difference in the lives of millions of people. There is tremendous opportunity here for individuals who want to advance food through innovation and serve the world.
Reporting to: Employee Services Director
Functional Area: Employee Services
Position : Full time
Roles & Responsibilities
As an integral member of the Employee Services team, the role is to provide proactive, ongoing support to the ES Manager and a consistently professional, efficient and timely service to the business. Specifically, this role will be the initial point-of-contact/administrator for a range of facilities and services.
Reporting to the Employee Services Manager, key responsibilities associated with this position will be as follows:
• When on Reception / Switchboard to be a first point of contact for all visitors and telephone callers to Harman House
• Invoice administration including raising department PO’s and account allocation for non PO invoices to multiple cost centres
• Manage Occupational Health and Fitness & Nutrition Consultant appointments
• Manage the stock control, ordering, storage and distribution of free issue products
• Manage the order and administration process for courier shipments
• Manage changes to meeting room furniture layout in a timely manner
• First point of contact for meeting room telephones, audio and visual presentation equipment including video conference
• Manage personal post ensuring adherence to robust procedures to cover recording of employee expense incurred and notification of payroll plus safe storage of incoming post with employee signature required for collection
• Manage the door access system, assigning cards to new starters
• Manage the car park access system, keeping records of all employee car details
• Manage employee free product voucher allocations at three annual occasions for all staff and for new starters
• Manage the reporting of office equipment and building faults in a timely fashion, liaising with engineers and security as appropriate
• Manage bookings for employee cookery classes, liaising with catering manager
• Involvement with organisation of employee social events and environment/community activities
• Maintaining and improving current processes and procedures in Employee Services
• Ad hoc projects as required
• Flexibility with hours to accommodate occasional early start and late finish times
Cover for Postroom
• To ensure that all aspects of post room services are performed to the highest possible standard with a strong emphasis on customer service and accuracy
• First point of contact for stock deliveries to include manual handling eg unloading of pallets into cages and delivering to storage facilities (ambient, chilled, frozen as appropriate)
• Completion of FDA Prior Notices for shipments of food and drink products to the US
• Control of confidential waste and its secure disposal via third party contractor
Skills & Qualifications
Qualifications / Work Experience / Technical Skills
Employee Services are the first business contact for visitors and employees at General Mills and Yoplait. It is vital that a calm, courteous and professional demeanour is maintained at all times. Personal qualities of a successful candidate will include attentiveness, a well-groomed appearance, initiative, maturity, respect for confidentiality and discretion, a positive attitude and dependability. At times, the job may be stressful due to interaction with many different people with different types of personalities, and being expected to perform multiple tasks quickly.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record in administration and have a genuine interest in adding rigor to administrative processes and a desire to recommend continuous improvements to aid the achievement of team and business objectives.
• Proven success in an administrative role
• Computer literate – competent in the use of SAP, Excel and word processing applications
• Accurate, methodical with excellent attention to detail
• Ability to effectively prioritise and manage conflicting priorities effectively
• Clear concise verbal and written communication skills
• Flexible, structured and self-disciplined – proactive and able to work on own initiative with a can-do attitude
• Ability to learn quickly
• Demonstrates integrity, sensitivity and discretion at all times
• Personal fit with the Company's culture & values
• Manual handling
What will you get from us?
• We have a fun, employee-focussed culture with a great work environment
• Benefits such as private healthcare, pension, 25 days annual leave, childcare vouchers plus lots of free ice cream!
• We will look for ways to help you grow your skill set through cross-functional career opportunities and secondments.
At General Mills, our mission and our values are our strategy for success and our people are the key ingredients in bringing them to life. If you are ready for a new challenge, please click “I'm interested” below!