- Uxbridge, UK
General Mills is among the world’s leading food companies. Headquartered in the United States in Minnesota, General Mills, with over $17.6 billion in net sales and more than 41,000 employees worldwide, is the fifth largest food company in the world, marketing a portfolio of dynamic and trusted consumer brands across a wide range of food categories, holding No.1 or No. 2 market positions in virtually every category in which they compete.
Some of our most known global and regional brands are Häagen-Dazs, Old El Paso, Green Giant, Nature Valley, Pillsbury, Yoplait, Betty Crocker, in addition to strong local brands such as Knack & Back in Germany, Jus-Rol in the United Kingdom, and Latina in Australia/NZ. Named one of the Top 100 Companies To Work For by Fortune Magazine, General Mills is also a multi award-winning employer across the globe, committed to talent development.
The Europe/Australasia region is the largest business in the International Division and is headquartered in Switzerland. It has an impressive track record of growth and is the fastest growing food company in many of the markets in which it operates.
Reporting to: Tax Manager, NEC
Functional Area: Finance
Position : Full time
Roles & Responsibilities
The role of Tax Accountant is a fantastic opportunity to join an expanding FMCG business. As a key resource of the Northern Europe Finance function the role will support the transfer price based tax models of General Mills and Yoplait across the geography and statutory compliance in four European countries. Additionally, internal tax reporting to the European and Global tax teams will be an integral part of the role. A key aspect of this role will be to take responsibility for the review, sign off and submission of VAT and Intrastat returns throughout the region.
Skills & Qualifications
Qualifications / Work Experience / Technical Skills
Experience / Exposure / Temperament
• Part qualified (CIMA/ACCA). Taxation qualifications would be considered.
• At least two years experience working in the tax department of a multi-national
• Some ERP experience ideally SAP
• A working appreciation of transfer pricing
• Advanced Excel skills
• Experience of working in a multi-site environment
• Ability to manage conflicting priorities
Candidate’s required skills
• Ability to work with minimal supervision and integrate with the team
• Analytical with an attention to detail, high levels of accuracy
• Ability to critically review, challenge and improve business processes and ways of working
• A dynamic self-starter who is both proactive and results orientated
• Clear and concise communicator, both in writing and verbally
• Strong interpersonal skills to build constructive relationships
• Possesses a non-confrontational manner with an ability to influence
• Eagerness to learn and progress
• An interest in improving systems and processes
• Flexible attitude towards responsibilities. Team members often assist with projects within the wider Finance department. The candidate must also have the confidence to take on a higher responsibility for tasks when departmental workloads dictate that this is desirable
Personal fit with the Company's culture & values:
Our values: Everything we do reflects our strong core values and we live these values every day:
Joining General Mills is your chance to be part of a fun and collaborative team - a small team in a big company! Our robust projects give you the opportunity to make an immediate impact as you learn and grow in preparation for your future. You will interact with senior leaders, build a professional network, and create lasting friendships. Benefits include 25 days holiday + bank holidays, good pension plan, flexible Friday, and free ice-cream!