SBU Global Consumer Insights Analysis (Manager)
- Uxbridge, UK
General Mills is among the world’s leading food companies. Headquartered in the United States in Minnesota, General Mills, with over $17.6 billion in net sales and more than 41,000 employees worldwide, is the fifth largest food company in the world, marketing a portfolio of dynamic and trusted consumer brands across a wide range of food categories, holding No.1 or No. 2 market positions in virtually every category in which they compete.
Some of our most known global and regional brands are Häagen-Dazs, Old El Paso, Green Giant, Nature Valley, Pillsbury, Yoplait, Betty Crocker, in addition to strong local brands such as Knack & Back in Germany, Jus-Rol in the United Kingdom, and Latina in Australia/NZ. Named one of the Top 100 Companies To Work For by Fortune Magazine, General Mills is also a multi award-winning employer across the globe, committed to talent development.
The Europe/Australasia region is the largest business in the International Division and is headquartered in Switzerland. It has an impressive track record of growth and is the fastest growing food company in many of the markets in which it operates.
Reporting to: Global Consumer Insights Director
Functional Area: Global Consumer Insights
Position : Full time
Roles & Responsibilities
The Global Consumer Insights Analysis will be responsible for gathering consumer information and conducting detailed analysis of consumer databases. Maximising external data sources to develop data driven insights to understand consumer needs & trends to inform business strategies
This manager will deliver critical business insight to both Haagen-Dazs and Yogurt SB across an array of business issues, including performance tracking insights, new product insights, and category + brand growth insights.
Primary responsibility will be to lead efforts to provide insight to the SBU Leadership Team and Brand Teams that increase sales and maximize the return on marketing investment across all consumer touchpoints, including advertising, promotion, pricing, and emerging touchpoints, such as digital and social.
Ideal Candidate would come from FMCG in similar role or Nielsen with extensive experience working directly with clients
• Influence business decisions through the application of insights derived from analytics based on Nielsen data/Apollo.
• Leverage syndicated analytics best practice methods to deliver critical learning to drive growth for the business and identify innovation opportunities.
• Lead strategic global initiatives to deliver insights to Leadership Team on other key issues/topics that could include pricing, brand deep dives, price brands, competition, the economy, trade analyses and more.
Qualifications / Work Experience / Technical Skills
• Ability to elevate syndicated data to insights to influence business results
• Strong influence and communication skills
• Strong business acumen and analytical skills
• Proven success in the creation and application of consumer insights using scanner, panel, and marketing mix data
• Bias for action and creative problem solving
• Strong organizational navigation and prioritization skills
• Active member of the global CI community.
• Self-starter, able to work fairly independently Competencies/Behaviors
• Influence & Impact
• Regularly influence business decisions at multiple levels and functions
• Delivers Outstanding Results
• Enthusiastically pursue opportunities to identify issues, develop hypotheses, conduct analysis and present recommendations
• Consistently meet deadlines on regular scheduled deliverables
• Manage changing priorities
Joining General Mills is your chance to be part of a fun and collaborative team - a small team in a big company! Our robust projects give you the opportunity to make an immediate impact as you learn and grow in preparation for your future. You will interact with senior leaders, build a professional network, and create lasting friendships. Benefits include 25 days holiday + bank holidays, good pension plan, flexible Friday, and free ice-cream!