Marketing Manager - FTC
- Uxbridge, UK
General Mills is among the world’s leading food companies. Headquartered in the United States in Minnesota, General Mills, with over $17.6 billion in net sales and more than 41,000 employees worldwide, is the fifth largest food company in the world, marketing a portfolio of dynamic and trusted consumer brands across a wide range of food categories, holding No.1 or No. 2 market positions in virtually every category in which they compete.
Some of our most known global and regional brands are Häagen-Dazs, Old El Paso, Green Giant, Nature Valley, Pillsbury, Yoplait, Betty Crocker, in addition to strong local brands such as Knack & Back in Germany, Jus-Rol in the United Kingdom, and Latina in Australia/NZ. Named one of the Top 100 Companies To Work For by Fortune Magazine, General Mills is also a multi award-winning employer across the globe, committed to talent development.
The Europe/Australasia region is the largest business in the International Division and is headquartered in Switzerland. It has an impressive track record of growth and is the fastest growing food company in many of the markets in which it operates.
Team Scope of Work
- Develop global brand purpose and pursuits
- Responsible for brand guidelines
- Develop and deliver global asset toolkits
- Develop and deliver global communication model
- Global digital strategy and social media guidelines including influencers
- Total brand design strategy and execution
- Seasonal campaign strategy and production
- Global shops strategy
- Global shops concept
- Global shops menu & NPD
- Experiental/experience strategy
- Shops strategic marketing calendar
Operating within the SBU matrix structure, the Marketing Manager will be part of a virtual global brand team, with the responsibility for maximizing the long-term equity and profitable growth of the Haagen-Dazs (HD) brand.
Specifically, the Marketing Manager will be responsible for leading the development of global brand equity predominantly through the development of the communication strategy and assets. They will work collaboratively with key internal and external stakeholders (regional teams with emphasis on our largest markets) to ensure that their needs are met, creative agencies and other functional teams. The Marketing Manager will be required to provide inspirational and visionary leadership across all areas of the HD business and work collaboratively with the wider HD marketing teams.
Reporting to the Marketing Director, key roles, responsibilities and success factors include:
- Vision and strategy – building a strong communications vision and strategy to drive future growth
- Success: Strong vision and strategy with strong commercial and consumer KPIs along with learning plan
- Leading the agency network to deliver key initiatives
- Success: Development of strong marketing communication initiatives which unlock growth with collaboration with regional marketing teams and agencies. Passionate and inspirational leadership is vital
- Developing a remarkable communication model
- Success: Deliver communication model and channel plan which is adopted by markets and which drives differential growth
- Fostering strong relationships with, and developing a deep understanding of key regions and markets:
- Success: positive relationships with the key markets, built in a climate of collaboration and trust, allowing for strong asset development and execution
- Managing and planning global marketing budget.
- Success: Foresight on spend projections. Tight, effective budget controls for both marketing and travel budget.
Required Qualifications, Skills, Experience, Qualities:
- Graduate caliber with proven marketing success in a consumer branded company, with ability to develop strategies which produce step-change business results.
- Passionate about consumers with a great understanding of brands and the need for emotional connection with consumers. Experience with luxury and/or food brands with experience in Asian and European markets desired
- Strong experience in the strategy, development and production of a major communication campaign, preferably across multiple markets
- Experience in dealing with multi-channels marketing campaigns
- Strong ability to prioritize complex demands and focus cross functional and global teams on key initiatives. Includes being able to say no when required, without damaging relationships.
- Commercially savvy with a good understanding of drivers of profitability. Good understanding of operations and product development – providing ability to pull together various facets of product development to launch compelling and profitable innovation.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to develop a team. Excellent communication skills; ability to energize direct reports and wider teams by conveying a compelling vision.
- Strong stakeholder management and influencing skills, able to connect and influence cross-functionally, preferably with experience in operating in or across different markets. Ability to collaborate and listen to market feedback while maintaining clear and focused vision for big ideas with global scale.
- Able to work with ambiguity; flexibly minded to offer innovative solutions
- Personal fit with the Company's culture & values
- Available immediately for a fixed-term contract
Joining General Mills is your chance to be part of a fun and collaborative team - a small team in a big company! Our robust projects give you the opportunity to make an immediate impact as you learn and grow in preparation for your future. You will interact with senior leaders, build a professional network, and create lasting friendships. Benefits include 25 days holiday + bank holidays, good pension plan, flexible Friday, and free ice-cream!