Supply and Demand Planner - Speculative
- Uxbridge, UK
Food. Purpose. You.
We are a company inspired by purpose: we serve the world by making food people love. Every day we make this love real through our brands, our culture and the way we treat the world. Our brands—like Cheerios, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Häagen-Dazs and Cascadian Farm, to name a few—are adored in more than 100 countries on six continents. Our global team of 42,000 brings passion and creativity to work with them every day. And our devotion to community and planet drives the way we give back and do business. When inspiring purpose meets solid strategy, big things happen. We’re ranked one of the top 20 companies in U.S., with sales of $18.0 billion in 2017. That’s a lot of love.
We seek out the best talent, then give them development resources, support and the chance to lead something big. Choosing a career with General Mills means joining a company where you can make a difference in the lives of millions of people. There is tremendous opportunity here for individuals who want to advance food through innovation and serve the world.
We are continually looking for great people to join our teams. Although we may not have this vacancy right now, we are always happy to hear from potential candidates for future opportunities with the relevant outlined skill set. If you would like to submit a speculative CV for this role please submit your CV below. (This is not open to agencies)
Roles & Responsibilities
- Delivering against key supply chain and business KPI’s
- Responsible for accurate monthly Demand plan
- Demand Control – the tracking of abnormal demand, management of forecast consumption and Available to Promise.
- Primary contact between GMUK and the Supply Centre(s) providing the key communication channel with regard to Supply & Demand information.
- MD accuracy, ensuring best practise and continuously reviewing
- 2 formal factory reviews per year
Stock optimisation, inventory planning:
- SKU classification/segmentation
- Adjusting stock strategies through stock builds and peak periods
- Stock recs ensuring accuracy
- KPI reporting, weekly and monthly
- Running the supply/demand review process with the relevant manufacturing plant
Cross functional working with demand and logistics through peak periods and weekly/monthly processes:
- Weekly demand review
- IBM process including BRM meetings
- Demand/supply review
- Promotional periods
- Root cause involving key stake holders
- Influencing the business ensuring process adherence and best practise
- Plan to succeed template on NPD’s, ensuring key milestones are hit and adherence to NPD launch strategy
- Working with manufacturing plant to agree min production runs, frequency and replenishment strategy
- Gateway approval
- Identifying HMM opportunities
Other role-related information
Visits to manufacturing plants, distributors (UK), customers (UK) and off site team meetings.
Skills & Qualifications
- Supply or Demand planning experience
- MRP and MRPII Experience
- Educated to at least A Level standard
- Relevant experience in Supply Chain Operations/FMCG
- Able to demonstrate good planning and administration skills
- Numerate and analytical
- PC Literate, with intermediate spreadsheet skills
- Good attention to detail
- Being able to influence at different levels
Required: Work Attributes/Qualities
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the confidence to challenge.
• Proactive approach, working with minimum supervision
• Results Orientation
• Continuous Improvement ethos
• Ability to work to tight deadlines
• Cultural awareness
• Problem solving experience
• Meeting and presentation skills
• Ability to influence at various levels
What will you get from us?
Joining General Mills is your chance to be part of a fun and collaborative team - a small team in a big company! Our robust projects give you the opportunity to make an immediate impact as you learn and grow in preparation for your future. You will interact with senior leaders, build a professional network, and create lasting friendships.