Regional Supply Chain Planning Manager EUAU
- Uxbridge, UK
Food. Purpose. You.
We serve the world by making food people love. As one of the world’s leading food companies, General Mills believes that food should make us better. Food brings us joy and nourishes our lives, connecting us to each other and the earth. General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Häagen-Dazs, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Green Giant, Old El Paso, Yoplait and more. Headquartered in Minneapolis, General Mills had global net sales of US$17.6 billion during fiscal 2015.
We seek out the best talent, then give them development resources, support and the chance to lead something big. Choosing a career with General Mills means joining a company where you can make a difference in the lives of millions of people. There is tremendous opportunity here for individuals who want to advance food through innovation and serve the world.
·The Regional Supply Chain Planning Manager, EU AUS directly reports to the Director Logistics EU AUS. S/he interacts regularly with all Regional Logistics and Supply Chain Managers in countries and plants as well as with International Logistics functions including the COE for Supply and Operations.
·S/he have one direct report, which is the EUAU Supply Planning Process Standardization Lead.
·S/he have 5 indirect reports in the plants which is the Planning Manager or respective Lead Supply Chain Planner of each plant.
·The role does not require mobility of the candidate as the job location is flexible and can be at a plant or market. However, the position will involve significant travel of approximately 25% of the total working time.
Provide strategic and operational expertise for the EU/AUS Region in the areas of:
o Supply Chain Planning
o Inventory Strategy & policies
o Production and Capacity Planning
o Technology and Process Development – Oliver Wight Class A, SAP R/3 configuration and new Supply Chain tools
o Functional expert for training, documentation & skill development
o KPI measurement and continuous improvement
In more details, 5 core responsibilities include:
o Owner of the Regional Supply Chain Planning Practice including Definition, Deployment and Maintenance of standardized planning process and system template to horizontally integrate market and factory supply chain planning activities. Implement Demand Driven concept throughout the region and simplify current supply chain planning processes.
o Improve system functionality and master data maintenance by implementing key recommendation. Improve system understanding throughout the region and establish system training. Be the regional focal point New system exploration and future lead in project roll-out.
o Optimize Return on Capital Employed by establishing inventory strategies and governance model that achieve desired customer service levels at minimum cost across the Region network. Lead the Regional Inventory Zero Loss Program.
o Lead the PEAK Supply Review process with factories and ensure the business is operating as a tax efficient supply chain according to the European Trading Model. Prepare and lead the Regional Supply Review with the EUAU SC Exec team and ensure decisions actioned on a market and factory level.
o Lead the EUAU Supply Centre Of Excellence (COE) forum to drive process and people capability improvement. Represent EUAU in the Global PEAK and COE team.
- The candidate should be a well versed, customer focused professional with significant experience in Supply Chain Planning on a country distribution and plant level.
- Logistics expertise: 10 years overall with 5 years’ experience in Supply Chain Planning with excellent know how of integrated planning processes, inventory management and optimization.
- He should have gravity and interpersonal skills to stimulate his direct and indirect reports as well as improvements and change at the plant and market level.
- Given the integration focus of the role, the candidate should have a proven ability to implement significant change and lead innovation. To successfully assume this coordination role s/he needs to be able to interact with a variety of personalities and have a pronounced collaborative approach.
- Strong knowledge of SAP is a must.
- MBA is a plus.
Key Skills and Leadership Requirements
- Able to work across borders and cultures
- Function specific competencies:
- Broad Perspective
- Decision Making
- Interpersonal Effectiveness
- Learning Agility
- Process Leadership
- Technical Leadership
General Mills takes great pride in the behaviours its leader’s exhibit. Below are the four most important leadership expectations and the key behaviours to which we hold all leaders accountable to, regardless of location, position or function:
· Delivers Outstanding Results:
- Sets aggressive goals and clear priorities
- Delivers on short and long-term commitments
- Makes timely, high quality decisions
- Adds value with superior expertise
· Energizes and Develops People:
- Inspires and motivates others
- Collaborates across boundaries
- Develops people, organizations and self
- Values diversity
· Leads Innovation:
- Communicates compelling vision
- Develops winning strategies
- Connects to the outside world
- Encourages innovation
- Engenders trust at all levels
- Demonstrates unquestionable integrity
What will you get from us?
Joining General Mills is your chance to be part of a fun and collaborative team - a small team in a big company! Our robust projects give you the opportunity to make an immediate impact as you learn and grow in preparation for your future. You will interact with senior leaders, build a professional network, and create lasting friendships.