Senior Finance Partner – Brand
- Uxbridge, UK
One of the world’s leading food companies, General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Häagen-Dazs, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Green Giant, Old El Paso, Yoplait and more.
We seek out the best of the best and give them development, support and the chance to lead something big. Choosing a career with us means joining a company that makes a difference for others. There is tremendous opportunity here for people who want to advance the industry, through innovation and nourish the world with quality.
Senior Finance Partner – Brand
Functional Area: Commercial Finance
Reporting to: Senior Finance Manager
Position: Full time
Closing Date: 4th April
Salary Range: £45,000 to £50,000 (plus benefits)
FP&A team, Head of Commercial Finance, Marketing Managers, Market Strategy & Planning Managers, Regional Brand Finance teams, Cluster Sales teams
Reporting to the Northern Europe Cluster (NEC) Senior Finance Manager, this position will play the lead finance role in delivering multi-million dollar brand sales & profit targets and shape future strategy for our Häagen-Dazs and Nature Valley Brands. The SFP will act as an effective business partner as part of the Brand Leadership team.
• Development of brand annual plan and strategy & delivery across 3 key European markets (UK, Ireland & Germany) for the NEC
• Recommend & execute plan accelerators
• Endorse and implement portfolio optimisation
• Scrutinise in-year financial & budget management
• Exhibit essential communication skills and crucial financial insights – identifying areas to accelerate opportunities whilst mitigating risk profile
• Implement tracking, action & optimisation of budgets
• Demonstrate exceptional leadership and excellent business partnership skills for the strategy, planning & financial analysis as part of the brand team
• Use financial expertise, utilising a high level of professional judgement
• Collaborate on decisions and recommendations for the brand and channel strategies
• Manage the preparation & delivery of monthly brand results, accurate analysis of change and provide key and actionable commentary
• Develop and build robust, assumption-led delivery of annual plans
• Provide relevant and insightful analysis along with recommendations to the Brand Leadership Team to improve the quality of decisions and ensure the chosen business options deliver the highest financial value at an acceptable level of risk
• Guarantee marketing budget oversight & return on investment analysis
• Drive visibility on innovation & renovation items
• In partnership with the Market Strategy & Planning Manager, responsible for the preparation and presentation of the proposed monthly IBM brand forecast.
• Pro- active use (and development) of analytical techniques and models to influence business decision making.
• Brand/Customer/Channel special projects as required
This role offers the opportunity to work within a challenging fast moving environment. The individual will be offered and expected to take on a high level of responsibility and will develop first class analytical support skills.
• Qualified Accountant Professional and of graduate calibre
• Minimum 3 + year experience within branded food (FMCG) commercial Finance Roles
• Demonstrable experience within a Commercial financial function actively influencing senior leaders on business and sales strategies.
• Motivated to add value both within the Finance team and when partnering with the Sales and Marketing functions
• Ability to credibly challenge and influence throughout a matrix environment
• Effective prioritisation and organisation skills
• Clear, concise and influential communicator (both in writing and verbally)
• Ability to engender trust throughout the organisation and GM international
• Good understanding of Information Systems (IS).
• Ability to critically review and improve business processes
• Proactive and results orientated
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy
• Passionate, driven by quality and achieving results, high level of integrity, team player
• Eagerness to learn and progress
Closing date for application is: Wednesday 4th April 2018