- Rooty Hill NSW 2766, Australia
General Mills is among the world’s leading food companies. Headquartered in the United States in Minnesota, General Mills, with over $17.6 billion in net sales and more than 41,000 employees worldwide, is the fifth largest food company in the world, marketing a portfolio of dynamic and trusted consumer brands across a wide range of food categories, holding No.1 or No. 2 market positions in virtually every category in which they compete.
Some of our most known global and regional brands are Häagen-Dazs, Old El Paso, Green Giant, Nature Valley, Pillsbury, Yoplait, Betty Crocker, in addition to strong local brands such as Knack & Back in Germany, Jus-Rol in the United Kingdom, and Latina in Australia/NZ. Named one of the Top 100 Companies To Work For by Fortune Magazine, General Mills is also a multi award-winning employer across the globe, committed to talent development.
The Europe/Australasia region is the largest business in the International Division and is headquartered in Switzerland. It has an impressive track record of growth and is the fastest growing food company in many of the markets in which it operates.
We are currently seeking a confident, highly organised and enthusiastic maintenance fitter to join our dedicated team at Rooty Hill, Western Sydney. If you are ambitious and itching for an opportunity to join a global company with a family feel where employees are people and the culture within a business is important then this could be the opportunity for you.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Setting of processing equipment
- Plan and carry out line change overs to meet production needs
- Ensure smooth running of lines
- Able to diagnose and repair mechanical equipment such as automated process lines and conveyor systems
- Fully conversant and compliant with GMP factory maintenance
- Able to operate workshop equipment and tools
- Perform preventative maintenance and breakdown work using SAP
- Support on project and continuous improvement activities
- Maintenance/line setting experience in food or allied industry
- Trade qualifications Cert 3 or above
- Pneumatics, hydraulics skills
- Exceptional continuous improvement and problem solving skills
- Adaptable individual with good work ethic
- 5 years proven experience in a similar role within the manufacturing industry
- Computer literacy, MS Office Suite
The ideal candidate will also have:
- The ability to work in a busy work environment with multiple tasks, projects and competing deadlines
- Good time management and work prioritising skills
- A focus on superior customer service and great attention to detail
- A proactive work ethic and a 'can do' attitude
- Excellent communication skills and the proven ability to interface within a team environment
As a company that values its people, we are able to provide the chance for you to demonstrate and achieve your true potential. If you are interested in joining a growing business where our people and our products come first, don't miss out.
What will you get from us?
- We work hard and offer a challenging and high performing environment. But we surround you with brilliant people who know how to have fun!
- We invest heavily in both your professional and personal development – we want you to be the best you can be.
At General Mills, our mission and our values are our strategy for success and our people are the key ingredients in bringing them to life.
If you are ready for a new challenge, please click “I'm interested” !