Commercial (Sales) Finance Partner
- Uxbridge, UK
Food. Purpose. You.
We serve the world by making food people love. As one of the world’s leading food companies, General Mills believes that food should make us better. Food brings us joy and nourishes our lives, connecting us to each other and the earth. General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Häagen-Dazs, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Green Giant, Old El Paso, Yoplait and more. Headquartered in Minneapolis, General Mills had global net sales of US$17.6 billion during fiscal 2015.
We seek out the best talent, then give them development resources, support and the chance to lead something big. Choosing a career with General Mills means joining a company where you can make a difference in the lives of millions of people. There is tremendous opportunity here for individuals who want to advance food through innovation and serve the world.
Functional Area: Commercial Finance
Reporting to: Sales Finance Manager
Position: Full time
Frequent Contacts: Brands Finance, FP&A team, Cluster Sales teams, Finance Director, Regional Sales Finance Team, Sales Leadership team, GBS Cap Gemini
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting to the Northern Europe Cluster (NEC) Sales Finance Manager, this position will play the lead finance role in delivering multi-million dollar sales & profit targets and shape future strategy for our key customers. The SFP will act as an effective business partner as part of the Customer Leadership team. This role will also contribute to the implementation of strategies that create value via strategic revenue management across the Northern Europe Cluster. Additional responsibilities include being responsible for the financial accuracy and evaluation of trade investment across General Mills and Yoplait brands.
Key aspects of the role will include:
• Finance Business Partner to the Customer Sales Team:
• Lead quality decisions and provide relevant insights and analysis to ensure the chosen business options deliver the highest financial value at an acceptable level of risk
• Monitor, analyse and interpret pricing, trade terms and post event analysis , and provide input to trading strategies to improve long term profitability
• Develop and prepare internal tracking, analysis and reporting of trading plans against customer strategic vision, to drive growth and improve profitability through insights & visibility of key drivers
• Provide insightful analysis on monthly and quarterly Net Sales performance, and drivers of forecast movements vs previous cycle and Account Plan
• Trade Governance & Analytics:
• Ensure the financial accuracy and evaluation of trade investment across all Brands within your Customer
• Lead the Net Sales month end process across all Brands within your Customer: ensure trade is reviewed and corrections are made in a timely manner, and provide insightful analysis on Sales and Trade performance in the period.
• Optimise and leverage TPM and FuturMaster (GM & Yoplait Trade systems) analytics to develop and deliver insightful reporting on trade to customer teams to enable better decision making.
• Analyse Trade forecast accuracy – correct as required
• Ensure data integrity and drive adherence to trade policy through delivering holistic TPM & FuturMaster training to new starters in Sales , and ensuring all processes are aligned to SOX and Audit requirements
• Support the Annual KPMG Trade Audit.
• Drive improvements in GBS & Cap Gemini (3rd Party Outsource Partners) Trade and Order to Cash service delivery.
• University degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or related field
• Prior experience working in FMCG, retail or supplier environment required
• 2-3 years of Financial Analysis experience (working with leading brands) plus at least 1 year in Commercial/Sales Finance role in market (FMCG knowledge is an advantage )
• Experience of delivering results through working in cross-functional teams
• Very Strong analytical skills with a strong commercial mindset (business partner mindset)
• Leadership and influencing skills
• Self-driven with proven entrepreneurial mind-set
• Attention to detail
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel (Modelling, Pivots, Slicers, Index, Match, Lookups, Macro’s) and PowerPoint
• SAP ERP, SAP CRM, BW Systems experience an advantage
What will you get from us?
Joining General Mills is your chance to be part of a fun and collaborative team - a small team in a big company! Our robust projects give you the opportunity to make an immediate impact as you learn and grow in preparation for your future. You will interact with senior leaders, build a professional network, and create lasting friendships.