Brand Manager – Launch to Learn (L2L) Innovation Regional Development Marketing
- Uxbridge, UK
Food. Purpose. You.
We serve the world by making food people love. As one of the world’s leading food companies, General Mills believes that food should make us better. Food brings us joy and nourishes our lives, connecting us to each other and the earth. General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Häagen-Dazs, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Green Giant, Old El Paso, Yoplait and more. Headquartered in Minneapolis, General Mills had global net sales of US$17.6 billion during fiscal 2015.
We seek out the best talent, then give them development resources, support and the chance to lead something big. Choosing a career with General Mills means joining a company where you can make a difference in the lives of millions of people. There is tremendous opportunity here for individuals who want to advance food through innovation and serve the world.
Purpose of the Role
To lead and support projects that build rapid real-world learning through experimentation, enabling the region to drive future innovation success. This is a small, entrepreneurial team that is energetic and ambitious.
Roles & Responsibilities
The incumbent will be responsible for leading Launch to Learn projects and initiatives across the region to drive innovation success.
Reporting to the Marketing Manager, the incumbent will assume the following set of key responsibilities:
• Lead identification, development, and execution of the Total Product Offering for in-market tests
• Lead global, cross functional teams
• Work with commercial teams to sell in the products, track, and understand the results
• Work with consumer insights to identify trial drivers and barriers at first moment of truth
• Help execute transactional learning activities to pivot & refine the proposition
• Share learnings and recommendation to key stakeholders and the leadership team
• Manage P&L Budgeting for Launch to Learn initiatives
The Candidate Requires:
• Graduate (minimum 2:1) plus a marketing and/or business qualification
• Proven success of brand management or consumer insight in a blue chip, branded FMCG company
• Minimum of 4 years experience
• NPD development and launch
• Strong experience working with consumer insights
• Strong leadership skills and ability to influence cross-functionally
• Excellent communication skills; ability to energize teams by conveying a compelling vision
• Excellent project management skills, time management skills, and the ability to delegate and plan appropriately
• Strong strategic thinking coupled with a desire to get things done
• Good understanding of consumer insights
• Ability to cope with ambiguity
• Innovative and creative problem solving techniques to help the team navigate unexpected problems
• Passionate about consumers: able to provide examples of consumer insights and use these insights to develop more effective plans
• Passionate about ideas: able to get to the heart of a new proposition and connect this to why it works/doesn’t work for consumers
• Passionate about people: able to quickly build relationships & trust with cross functional team members & key stakeholders
• Bias for action: Strong initiative and ability to drive projects to completion
• Drive for building a culture of innovation, agility, entrepreneurship
• A risk taker who works both independently and collaboratively
Personal fit with the Company's culture & values
What will you get from us?
Joining General Mills is your chance to be part of a fun and collaborative team - a small team in a big company! Our robust projects give you the opportunity to make an immediate impact as you learn and grow in preparation for your future. You will interact with senior leaders, build a professional network, and create lasting friendships.