Regional Insight Manager – Innovation
- Uxbridge, UK
One of the world’s leading food companies, General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Häagen-Dazs, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Green Giant, Old El Paso, Yoplait and more.
We seek out the best of the best and give them development, support and the chance to lead something big. Choosing a career with us means joining a company that makes a difference for others. There is tremendous opportunity here for people who want to advance the industry, through innovation and nourish the world with quality.
This role has two core responsibilities:
1. Consumer First Design Insight leader & Experimentation Expert for the region
2. Insights lead for the Launch to Learn Team
Specific objectives include:
1. Key leader for Consumer First Design:
• Partner with ITQ to develop Consumer First Design Experimentation methods
• Establish capabilities (via agencies and internal resources) to deliver quicker and fresher innovation, leveraging transactional learning techniques
• Leverage key internal expertise (Minneapolis) to define key methods
• Foster a culture of Innovation within the organization across functions
• Consult on innovation process for existing brands and leverage need-state and jobs maps
• Expert facilitator, able to moderate both consumer interaction and internal workshop designed to deliver creative solution and alignment.
2. Leadership for all Launch to Learn activities.
• Lead insight development for key Launch to Learn initiatives as part of the Launch to Learn Team
• Implement key Launch to Learn methods in all brand teams
• Build an advanced in-market assessment program for a L2L
• Train the wider organisation on L2L process and capability
3. Functional Responsibility
· Build productive supplier partnerships to achieve innovative & cost effective solutions
· Leads and develops superior Insights and learning plans across Europe & Australia managing the brand specific regional insight budget
· Influence the local, regional and international marketing, insight and business teams to ensure insights are delivered with impact.
· Liaising with International teams to ensure that insights are shared and to ensure that General Mills “Best Practice” is instilled, particularly Canada and USA, active member of the Global Innovation Council.
- Active participation in the Launch to Learn team
- Close connection with ITQ both regionally and globally
- Member of the Global Insight Council
- Direct connection with Global Innovation team (301 Inc, ICE, I-Squad, XPD)
Delivers to the Global Consumer Insights Vision of:
Be the driving force behind consumer led Decision Making.
Ÿ Graduate or graduate calibre with marketing and/or business qualification
Ÿ Accumulated experience (6+ years) in marketing, insights or research within a branded environment
Ÿ Global Mobility to enable career progression
Ÿ Fluency in languages (French) preferable but not mandatory
Ÿ Experience at blue chip FMCG organization, ideally (but not essential) with food experience.
Ÿ Worked in a Matrix organization and preferably in a global or regional role, ideally balanced with local market experience.
Ÿ Able to present with impact and influence senior stakeholders.
Ÿ Has consumer empathy, enjoys understanding consumer motivations and is able to provide examples of real consumer insight.
Ÿ Managed an insight budget.
Ÿ Fostered and developed agency relationships.
Ÿ Expertise in qualitative and quantitative research techniques across multiple platforms specifically in relation to branding, communications, product and packaging research.
Ability accustomed to synthesising, building and credibly telling a story and then taking a stand to deliver this with impact.
• Technical Expertise - Brings cutting edge tools, harnessing analytic power to develop business moving insights.
• Integrity – Is able to command the respect and trust of colleagues across functions and markets and holds integrity at the heart of their actions.
• Develops Self & Others – Is able to both inspire and engage toward common goals.
• Delivers Outstanding Results – Has a bias for action and orientated towards achieving results.
• Leading Change – Can translate vision into action, challenge conventional thinking and expand guidance on strategic thinking.
• Agility - Has communication, prioritization, decision making and relationship flexibility.
• Influence & Impact - ability to guide strategic direction & influence team.