Supply and Demand Planner
- Uxbridge, UK
One of the world’s leading food companies, General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Häagen-Dazs, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Green Giant, Old El Paso, Yoplait and more.
We seek out the best of the best and give them development, support and the chance to lead something big. Choosing a career with us means joining a company that makes a difference for others. There is tremendous opportunity here for people who want to advance the industry, through innovation and nourish the world with quality.
To manage the demand plan and supply and replenishment processes for core brands ensuring maximum product availability at minimum cost.
- Delivering against key supply chain and business KPI’s
- Responsible for accurate monthly Demand plan
- Demand Control – the tracking of abnormal demand, management of forecast consumption and Available to Promise.
- Primary contact between GMUK and the Supply Centre(s) providing the key communication channel with regard to Supply & Demand information.
- MD accuracy, ensuring best practise and continuously reviewing
- 2 formal factory reviews per year
Stock optimisation, inventory planning:
- SKU classification/segmentation
- Adjusting stock strategies through stock builds and peak periods
- Stock recs ensuring accuracy
- KPI reporting, weekly and monthly
- Running the supply/demand review process with the relevant manufacturing plant
Cross functional working with demand and logistics through peak periods and weekly/monthly processes:
- Weekly demand review
- IBM process including BRM meetings
- Demand/supply review
- Promotional periods
- Root cause involving key stake holders
- Influencing the business ensuring process adherence and best practise
- Plan to succeed template on NPD’s, ensuring key milestones are hit and adherence to NPD launch strategy
- Working with manufacturing plant to agree min production runs, frequency and replenishment strategy
- Gateway approval
- Identifying HMM opportunities
Other role-related information
Visits to manufacturing plants, distributors (UK), customers (UK) and off site team meetings.
- Supply or Demand planning experience
- MRP and MRPII Experience
- Educated to at least A Level standard
- Relevant experience in Supply Chain Operations/FMCG
- Able to demonstrate good planning and administration skills
- Numerate and analytical
- PC Literate, with intermediate spreadsheet skills
- Good attention to detail
- Being able to influence at different levels
Required: Work Attributes
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the confidence to challenge.
- Proactive approach, working with minimum supervision
- Results Orientation
- Continuous Improvement ethos
- Ability to work to tight deadlines