Assistant Brand Manager
- Uxbridge, UK
One of the world’s leading food companies, General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Häagen-Dazs, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Green Giant, Old El Paso, Yoplait and more.
We seek out the best of the best and give them development, support and the chance to lead something big. Choosing a career with us means joining a company that makes a difference for others. There is tremendous opportunity here for people who want to advance the industry, through innovation and nourish the world with quality.
This role will be help support the delivery of the brand’s revenue and profit targets by leading the analysis and tracking of the business and supporting the broader team on key projects.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting to the Marketing Manager, the incumbent will assume the following set of responsibilities:
- Lead the implementation of the brand’s social media and Always On strategy.
- Development & implementation of the 30-60-90 day Always On plan, including annual brand content calendar
- Oversee community management on social media
- Report and analyze social media performance and make adjustments to improve performance based on this data
- Implement SEO recommendations on websites and social channels
- Work with Digital Producer, local and regional marketing teams to create and curate new content
- Lead brand tracking for brand and ad hoc performance analysis of specific launches and campaigns. Make business recommendations based on:
- Monthly retailer and consumer panels analysis
- Competitor activity/innovation review and observations in store.
- Ad Hoc market research (consumer, pricing etc
- Support business in delivering key business objectives:
- Work on promotional and BTL campaigns with agencies and customers from briefing through to implementation.
- Execute packaging development projects via gclips.
- Activation of NPD/renovation projects.
- Work closely with key internal departments including Sales, Regional Marketing, Legal) as well as external agencies, ensuring the development, activation and analysis of the branded marketing activities.
- Support the marketing team including A&CP management, preparing presentations & cook-ups.
- This role offers the opportunity to work within a fast moving consumer goods company. The individual will be expected to take responsibility and demonstrate strong initiative.
- Graduate or graduate caliber
- Branded consumer marketing experience preferred, but not essential.
- Strong project management skills
- Strong analytical skills (experience of IRI/Nielsen/Kantar is an advantage)
- Business oriented and result driven
- Team player and ability to demonstrate strong cross functional skills
- Ability to be pragmatic and take the initiative
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to work with different cultures/background and adapt communication style
- Cultural fit with the Company's values: passionate, accurate, results-oriented, high level of integrity, supportive, open, flexible.