SAP BW Application Developer
- Uxbridge, UK
One of the world’s leading food companies, General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Häagen-Dazs, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Green Giant, Old El Paso, Yoplait and more.
We seek out the best of the best and give them development, support and the chance to lead something big. Choosing a career with us means joining a company that makes a difference for others. There is tremendous opportunity here for people who want to advance the industry, through innovation and nourish the world with quality.
• Participate in the end to end SAP BW Solutions Development Lifecycle
• Design and implementation BW on HANA Optimized objects like ODP Extractors, Advanced DSO, Enhanced Open Hubs, Composite providers, Open ODS Views, etc.
• Architect and develop BW solutions working with other Data Services & IT teams to provide holistic solutions
• Implementation using General Mills’ BW security standards/best practices
• Perform support and maintenance of existing applications
• Perform upgrade testing and cut-over activities
• Understand SAP BI technical roadmap including BW4HANA data flow optimization and contribute to General Mills’ adoption implementations
Strong relational (SQL) and OLAP data understanding and design skills
• Data Warehouse Architecture & Multi-Dimensional Data Modelling
• Building reporting Business Objects Universes using SAP Information Design Tool
• Report-writing using BEx Analyzer, Business Objects WEBI, Analysis for Office (AFO)
• SAP ERP and BW functional and technical experience. Ability to build ETL solutions and compare source system data (ERP) with DW data (BW) (testing).
• ABAP development to enhance Extractors, Variable Exits, Transformations etc.
• Change Control, Transports, Incident Management, Outage Communication
• Agile Project Management, including sprint planning, user story development, estimation, time tracking, and scrum updates.
Competencies and Behaviours
• Effective communications with both technical and business communities
• Maintain strong technical skills and share knowledge with team members
• Curiosity and desire to provide solutions to complex problems.
• Track record as a strong team player with effective teamwork skills.
• Demonstrated ability to quickly learn and apply new technologies.
• High initiative, good judgment and the ability to prioritize across multiple task.
• Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills with technical and business partners at all levels.