National Account Manager - Route to Market and Highstreet Sales
- Uxbridge, UK
One of the world’s leading food companies, General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Häagen-Dazs, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Green Giant, Old El Paso, Yoplait and more.
We seek out the best of the best and give them development, support and the chance to lead something big. Choosing a career with us means joining a company that makes a difference for others. There is tremendous opportunity here for people who want to advance the industry, through innovation and nourish the world with quality.
An exciting NAM role has arisen in the RTM & High Street team looking after our P&H account. Sitting within the Non-Grocery sales channel, this role will be pivotal in ensuring delivery of the team account plan, and also the overall brand plans for the year.
As such this is a genuine opportunity to demonstrate your leadership, entrepreneurial and sales skills in a job that will allow you to make a difference, and cement your reputation as a reliable, competent and passionate Account Manager.
The incumbent will be part of the Route To Market Team responsible for managing the relationship between General Mills UK and Palmer & Harvey. Your ability to forge strong relationships will be critical to success.
The role will require using these relationships to ensure the achievement of the Company’s sales, share and profit goals for the relevant accounts on all of our brands, which include Haagen-Dazs, Old El Paso, Betty Crocker, Jus Rol and Green Giant.
Reporting to the Sector Controller Route to Market, this exciting role will require drive, ambition and enthusiasm, combined with a high level of technical skills such as networking, selling, negotiation, influencing, commercial awareness and forecasting.
A key aspect of this role will be daily interaction with other functions within the business particularly marketing, finance and supply teams. You will also work closely with our internal account managers that look after key customers of P&H, including forecourts, Tesco Express and One Stop Stores.
• Prepare and deliver an annual sales plan for account portfolio
• Influence strategy development to support brand growth plans
• Develop, create & implement yearly customer category business plan
• Develop and recommend account tactics to maximize sales and gross margin
• Develop & Implement promotional plan within defined investment budgets in conjunction with MS&P Team
• Evaluate promotional effectiveness to ensure the most efficient use of promotional expenditure
• Provide the business with accurate 24 month rolling monthly sales forecast
• Participate in BRM process supporting forecast with assumptions, risks and opportunities
• Involved in specific project work as directed by line manager
• Develop and implement multi-level contact strategy to support growth plans
• Passionate upbeat and positive disposition, ready to change the world!
• Strong relationship builder, able to manage customers of all backgrounds
• Ability to engender trust throughout the organisation and GM international
• High level of integrity
• Team player
• Ability to organise, prioritise and manage high volume workload
• Results oriented
• Attention to detail
• Strong ability to build effective relationships and work cross functionally
• Clear, concise communicator at all levels
• Eagerness to learn and progress, with high degree of self-awareness
• Proactive approach to problem solving
• Previous experience working with RTM customers a distinct advantage
• Role model of company values
• Ready to join and contribute to a work hard play hard team