Brand Marketing Internship, 6-months (EUAU)
- Uxbridge, UK
General Mills is among the world’s leading food companies. Headquartered in the United States in Minnesota, General Mills, with over $17.6 billion in net sales and more than 41,000 employees worldwide, is the fifth largest food company in the world, marketing a portfolio of dynamic and trusted consumer brands across a wide range of food categories, holding No.1 or No. 2 market positions in virtually every category in which they compete.
Some of our most known global and regional brands are Häagen-Dazs, Old El Paso, Green Giant, Nature Valley, Pillsbury, Yoplait, Betty Crocker, in addition to strong local brands such as Knack & Back in Germany, Jus-Rol in the United Kingdom, and Latina in Australia/NZ. Named one of the Top 100 Companies To Work For by Fortune Magazine, General Mills is also a multi award-winning employer across the globe, committed to talent development.
The Europe/Australasia region is the largest business in the International Division and is headquartered in Switzerland. It has an impressive track record of growth and is the fastest growing food company in many of the markets in which it operates.
INTERNSHIP LOCATION: Various (UK, France, Switzerland or Australia) GMI Offices
START DATE: 6-Months starting (June 2018)
At General Mills, brand building is the focal point from which all decisions are made. Our internship program is a combination of projects with real business impact and day-to-day work that will allow you to make an immediate impact on our brands and help build our business worldwide. An internship could be the start of a rewarding international career in Brand Management with General Mills.
An internship with General Mills International (GMI) will provide you with an opportunity to:
- Build marketing skills and competencies, including business analysis, creativity, teamwork and strategic leadership
- Understand day-to-day functional responsibilities such as deliveries analysis & communications development
- Develop strong working relationships within the marketing community and across functional groups
- Provides well-rounded experience to interns to learn about General Mills brands and culture and to develop their marketing skills
- Provides opportunities for leadership exposure
- Acquire a broad view of GMI in order to understand your Marketing career fit with GMI.
To maximize your learning and prepare you for increasing responsibility, we believe that you will benefit from different experiences across General Mills. We value employee development and are committed to promoting from within our next generation of senior executives. You may have an internship in brand management at the country or regional level. Your manager will share an assignment plan with you and will help you with day-to-day coaching and support. You will develop strong working relationships within the marketing community and across functional groups.
Samples Projects Include: Building Social Media Strategy and Activation, Brand Innovation & Renovation, New Platform/Geo Expansion, Growth Strategy and more
- Master's degree (Master 1 or Master 2) students focus in Marketing or Management
- Prior experience in brand management, digital marketing, category trade marketing, market research or other related areas desired
- A passion for brand management
- Demonstrated leadership, creative thinking, and strategic insight
- Fluent in English (other languages- French, Spanish, etc. are a plus)
- Ability to work well in teams
- Mobile, open to an international career
- The internship offer is contingent upon the student’s ability to get work authorization in the internship location.
Band Management job scope includes:
- Brand Strategy Development: Analyze business and consumer trends, identify key issues facing your business and build and execute innovative marketing plans.
- Team Leadership: Lead cross-functional teams in the development and execution of marketing plan strategies – including advertising, product development, packaging, trade and consumer promotions, and business operation of your brand
- Innovation: Identify new, innovative ideas to drive brand growth. Develop new product ideas and strategies. Create high-impact promotions, advertising, packaging, sales or operational innovation
- Goal Setting and Financial Management: Set annual volume, profit and share objectives and manage your business to deliver them.
We look forward to you joining our team!
Joining General Mills is your chance to be part of a fun and collaborative team - a small team in a big company! Our robust projects give you the opportunity to make an immediate impact as you learn and grow in preparation for your future. You will interact with senior leaders, build a professional network, and create lasting friendships. Benefits include 25 days holiday + bank holidays, good pension plan, flexible Friday, and free ice-cream!