National Accounts Manager- Discounter
- Uxbridge, United Kingdom
One of the world’s leading food companies, General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Häagen-Dazs, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Green Giant, Old El Paso, Yoplait and more.
We seek out the best of the best and give them development, support and the chance to lead something big. Choosing a career with us means joining a company that makes a difference for others. There is tremendous opportunity here for people who want to advance the industry, through innovation and nourish the world with quality.
Reporting to the Sector Controller - HHTR this role will be responsible for leading the key interface between General Mills UK and Discounter Channel.
You will be responsible for the achievement of Company sales, share and profit goals, including maintaining and developing the growth of the Discounter channel.
This role will require huge drive, ambition and enthusiasm, combined with technical skills such as selling, negotiation, forecasting and commercial awareness. The role will also require the candidate to have strong internal and external networking skill.
While an existing knowledge of the account management and the convenience retail sector is an advantage it is not essential.
A key aspect of this role will be daily interaction with other functions within the business, therefore applicants will need to demonstrate success in working as part of a cross functional team & a very strong detail & project management capacity given the nature of the channel.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Prepare and deliver an annual Sales plan for customers.
- Deliver and rationalize an accurate monthly demand plan
- Develop and recommend account strategies and tactics to maximize the sales and delivery margin from the accounts under management.
- Implement an agreed promotional plan within defined investment budgets.
- Implement plans for excellent execution within the customer, liaising with key contacts within all formats of the customer.
- Work as part of the cross functional team to develop the annual spring plan presentation.
- Generate a brand specific plan to develop the format strategy within customer to drive aggressive and profitable sales growth.
- Participate as core member of the Business Development Team, working in partnership to achieve beneficial wins for the brand.
- Evaluate promotional effectiveness to ensure the most efficient use of promotional expenditure.
- Work in tandem with Consumer Insights to develop category review presentations to support the achievement of the Sales plan.
- Achieve specific distribution objectives by account for existing and new products.
- Provide the business with accurate demand plans by SKU on a monthly basis.
- Involved in specific project work as directed by the Sector Controller.
- Attend & contribute toward monthly team meetings
- Degree calibre or equivalent
- Proven successful experience at key or national account manager level within a branded fmcg business, for at least 1 trading cycle
- Strong understanding of UK grocery and convenience retail trade
- Demonstrated basic understanding of category management process and awareness of how to use that process to generate wins for GMUK
- Confident and able to develop and present compelling sales presentations
- PC Literate
- Strong sales and negotiation skills
- Financially literate
- Experience of & results delivery working in cross-functional teams
- Exposure and / or involvement with trade / consumer marketing
- Strong networking skills a necessity
- Passion to grow and learn; ambitious, proactive and willing to go the extra mile
- Positive impact and presence; strong interpersonal communication skills
- Drive and confidence, relishes challenges, robust outlook
- Resilient and results orientated; committed to delivering outstanding results
- Strong commercial acumen
- Approach work in an organized, manner, adept at prioritizing multiple needs
- Critical thinker / analytical
- Listens, understands & responds to customers’ needs
- Open and responsive to challenge
- Maintains two-way, honest communication
- Collaborative, participative team player
- Passion & enthusiasm for brands
- Entrepreneurial flair with strong creative ability