Logistics Development Manager
- Uxbridge, United Kingdom
One of the world’s leading food companies, General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Häagen-Dazs, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Green Giant, Old El Paso, Yoplait and more.
We seek out the best of the best and give them development, support and the chance to lead something big. Choosing a career with us means joining a company that makes a difference for others. There is tremendous opportunity here for people who want to advance the industry, through innovation and nourish the world with quality.
Roles & Responsibilities
The key objective of the role is to deliver
Logistics HMM initiatives ensuring development of the Logistics network to
fully optimise key cost indicators whilst delivering excellent Customer Service & physical Logistics performance. This will be achieved through project/event management
to realise significant efficiencies to Logistics spend.
- Maintain effective communication and relationships with key internal stakeholders including Sales, Finance, Supply Chain teams and with key external partners including 3rd party service providers, Plants and Customers.
- Individually identify and lead HMM initiatives realising cost efficiencies >2% of total Logistics budget
- Develop Cost-to-serve reporting capability to enable logistics reporting at customer and SKU level leading to
Cost-to-serve analysis and customer behavior initiatives.
- Support Logistics Manager through construction and subsequent management of annual Logistics budget.
Project / Event Management:
- Manage key retailer events ensuring high service levels through careful budget management.
- Identify and lead Supply Chain initiatives with convenience and discounter customers.
- Supply Chain lead on relevant projects, potential to be overall Project Lead
- Support end-to-end Supply Chain initiatives with top 6 customers through Customer Logistics Managers.
- Identify Logistics Network improvements and support / lead development opportunities.
- Identify container / vehicle fill improvement through load efficiency or consolidation.
- Graduate caliber – ideally Logistics / Supply Chain graduate;
- Proven experience of physical logistics;
- Understanding of 3PL business environment – commercial environment, operating culture.
- Proven project management experience
- Commercially astute;
- Industry awareness;
- Numerical - any previous budgeting skills will be an advantage
- Understanding of what drives cost in a supply chain.
- Retail exposure an advantage
- PC and systems literate e.g. SAP; Excel; Access.
- Excellent analytical skills. Previous experience of reporting and analyzing costs
- The role will require UK and possible European travel
- Broad thinking – ability to think beyond own area of responsibility.
– ability to switch from day to day issues management to strategic thinking, ability to understand/adjust to the world of 3pls and corporate HO.
- Strong interpersonal & influencing skills.
- Ability to work x-functionally and as part of a team.
- Data literate, structured thinker.
- Systems literate.
- Strong communications skills