National Account Manager - Booker
- Uxbridge, United Kingdom
One of the world’s leading food companies, General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Häagen-Dazs, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Green Giant, Old El Paso, Yoplait and more.
We seek out the best of the best and give them development, support and the chance to lead something big. Choosing a career with us means joining a company that makes a difference for others. There is tremendous opportunity here for people who want to advance the industry, through innovation and nourish the world with quality.
The incumbent will be part of the high performing RTM team responsible for managing the relationship between General Mills UK and the Booker group to ensure the achievement of the Company’s sales, share and profit goals.
This is a demanding role which will require drive, ambition and enthusiasm, combined with a high level of technical skills such as selling, negotiation, forecasting and commercial awareness.
As a key aspect of this role will be daily interaction with other functions within the business, applicants will need to demonstrate success in working as part of a cross functional team.
- Prepare and deliver Customer business plan.
- Lead category management initiatives within customer portfolio to secure competitive advantage for GMUK brands.
- Implement an agreed promotional plan within defined trade investment budgets.
- Evaluate promotional effectiveness to ensure the most efficient use of promotional expenditure.
- Work with customers to develop category plans which achieve mutually agreed objectives.
- Achieve specific distribution objectives by account for existing and new products.
- Provide the business with accurate rolling monthly sales forecasts.
- Deliver and rationalize an accurate monthly demand plan
- Attend & participate monthly Brand Review meeting as appropriate
- Participate as core member of a Business Development Team, working in partnership to achieve beneficial wins for the brand.
- Involved in specific project work as directed by the Sector Controller.
• Degree caliber
• Experienced in wholesale commercial account management, ideally, but not essentially in Booker.
• Understanding of category management process and awareness of how to use process to generate wins for GMUK
• Proven ability to confidently develop and present compelling sales presentations.
• Ability to work successfully in cross-functional teams.
• Exposure and / or involvement with trade / consumer marketing.
• PC Literate: experience as user on Excel & PowerPoint.
• Strong sales and negotiation skills.
• Strong commercial acumen with exposure to capital investment projects
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills with a clear aptitude to listen and respond to customer needs
• Critical thinker with an analytical approach
• Drive and confidence, relishes challenges, robust out look
• Resilience, drive & results orientation
• A planned and prioritized approach
• Open to challenge.
• Maintains two-way, honest communications and Open and responsive to challenge
• Collaborative and participative team player.
• Passion & enthusiasm for brands
• Ambitious and proactive