External Supply Chain QRO Manager - Europe
- Uxbridge, United Kingdom
Food. Purpose. You.
- We serve the world by making food people love. As one of the world’s leading food companies, General Mills believes that food should make us better. Food brings us joy and nourishes our lives, connecting us to each other and the earth. General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Häagen-Dazs, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Green Giant, Old El Paso, Yoplait and more. Headquartered in Minneapolis, General Mills had global net sales of US$17.6 billion during fiscal 2016.
This role is responsible for assessing, auditing and managing GMI External manufacturing partners and project associated with external manufacturing. Initial focus is Dairy in Europe, but will support other platforms, as well ,ongoing.
Perform risk assessment of new External Supply Chain (ESC) partners in early stages of location searches.
Perform full approval audits for new locations and work with platform leader to approve or deny approval of new locations.
Document audit report and be responsible for follow up to drive risk reduction or implement mitigation plan.
Provide training and support to partners as needed on quality, food safety, programs, processes and systems.
Support the plants when significant non conformities occur at the plant.
Support projects at all ESC locations assigned.
Provide ongoing support, maintenance audits, health checks and Risk Management plans using the risk grid.
Perform sanitation and allergen validations.
Develop strong collaborative working relationships at the plant and business levels.
Provide support for general ESC priorities, including globalization work of ESC.
Drive technical expertise at the plant level through training, regular communication and best practice sharing.
Active member of technical platform and technology teams.
Primary Quality & Regulatory Operations (QRO) liaison between plant, business, ESC platform, R&D and Sanitation.
Travel required: 30 - 60%
Required Skills & Experiences
GMI plant and auditing/ consulting experience
Speak English fluently, French highly desired
Ability to influence diverse audiences/customers
Provide technical leadership to internal and external teams
Self-starter who has the ability to prioritize workload while meeting commitments
Ability to work independently & autonomously, but also know when to reach out for support
Ability to communicate clearly and effectively to a diverse audience
A team player who is willing to help out their teammates as needed
Willing to be flexible with travel and work schedule
Education: Food Science Degree or equivalent sciences; fluent in English.
· Acts Boldly, Moves Quickly: Exhibits resiliency and quickly adapts when faced with changing or competing priorities; demonstrates flexibility in learning and approach. Skillfully assesses risk, at times with incomplete information; delivers high quality and timely decisions; challenges status quo.
· Influences the Business: Employs an innovative mindset; meets business needs by bringing ideas and concepts to life; makes valuable contributions to create pipeline. Uses business acumen to enhance results; appropriately communicates trade-offs and implications; influences scope and outcome of work.
· Creates Advantaged Connections: Creates value by building and connecting a relevant and diverse network; makes cross-network connections to drive differentiated results. Independently manages relationships; shares appropriate level of information; is trusted to provide direction and feedback; ensures alignment and supports win/win results.
· Champions Remarkable Products and Services: Takes ownership to deliver differentiated products and solutions; articulates the business need and influences adoption of superior ideas. Leads identification and execution of solutions to meet business needs; simplifies and articulates complex technical concepts.
· Leverages Global Scale, Drive Global Impact: Relates well to a broad network of people; demonstrates sensitivity and effectively communicates across cultures.
· Advances Technical Possibilities: Applies possibility thinking to create quality ideas and solutions; identifies novel opportunities; leverages and values divergent thinking. Efficiently and effectively experiments to solve
problems; proposes alternatives based on knowledge and experience.
We have a fun, employee-focused culture with a great work environment.
Benefits such as pension, childcare vouchers plus lots of free ice cream!
We will look for ways to help you grow your skill set through cross-functional career opportunities and secondments.
At General Mills, our mission and our values are our strategy for success and our people are the key ingredients in bringing them to life. If you are ready for a new challenge, please click “I'm interested” below!