Senior SAP Analyst – Finance
- Uxbridge, United Kingdom
Food. Purpose. You.
- We serve the world by making food people love. As one of the world’s leading food companies, General Mills believes that food should make us better. Food brings us joy and nourishes our lives, connecting us to each other and the earth. General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Häagen-Dazs, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Green Giant, Old El Paso, Yoplait and more. Headquartered in Minneapolis, General Mills had global net sales of US$17.6 billion during fiscal 2016.
The SAP Financial Analyst, as part of the Information Systems (IS) Finance team, is responsible for supporting the General Mills Finance and Controlling solutions. Work involves SAP and other system support, working on/providing leadership to projects in the Finance space or cross functional.
Provide expertise on SAP functionality
- This role is a hands-on role that will require expertise in all SAP Financial modules; Finance (FI), Controlling (CO), Profitability Analysis (CO-PA).
- Consult, Lead, Implement and support the technical solutions in the finance area.
Provide support for the existing SAP Financial and Controlling systems used by GMI
Diagnose problems and restore service promptly to SAP users, operating within agreed Service Level Agreements.
Work with system users, other members of the IS Department, software vendors, and service providers to resolve problems and prevent recurrence.
Partner with the business to ensure timely implementation of essential or legally required developments on an ongoing basis.
Partner with the key business contacts to understand key business issues/opportunities
Identify and implement technical solutions which increase business efficiency and effectiveness.
Identify and prioritise opportunities with key business stakeholders.
Analyse business requirements, plan and complete assigned projects, in partnership with business users.
Ensure effective management of assigned tasks/ projects.
Manage relationships with business, external suppliers of software, technical support and other services to achieve objectives.
Engage cross-functional teams as needed to ensure effective implementation of solutions.
Successful Project Execution
Create detailed business requirements.
Design, build and test capabilities.
Client Account Management (Selling)
- Be an expert and consult on business processes and technology Inform on new trends and technologies for functional area.
- Advocate for most appropriate solution.
Business Process Transformation
- Connects the dots across units/functions to drive organizational efficiency & effectiveness.
Capability Health and Sustainability (or Operational Health)
- Provide support for the existing SAP Financial and Controlling systems used by GM. Diagnose problems and restore service promptly to SAP users and other system users.
Other role-related information
- Flexibility needed on hours of work (sometimes need to adjust working hours to liaise with team members, peers and colleagues in other parts of the world).
- Graduate or graduate calibre.
- Excellent business process and functional knowledge in Finance and Reporting areas.
- At least 6 years’ experience in SAP Financials is desirable.
- Configuration experience in SAP FI, CO, PA and Product Costing Modules.
- SAP implementation and support experience in multiple projects, including international implementations or rollouts.
- Experience implementing and supporting SAP in China, Asia, Europe and South American regions and knowledge of these localisations.
- Good knowledge of integration points with other SAP modules.
- Appreciation of overall SAP software architecture.
- Demonstrated project management of small to medium size projects, able to mentor others on project management techniques.
- Ability to develop and deliver training materials to employees at all levels.
- Vendor Invoice Management (VIM), Treasury, Product costing and Concur knowledge would be an advantage.
- Previous experience in working with a Financial Shared Services partner/centre.
Required: Work Attributes/Qualities
- Team player and strong collaboration skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills - able to deal and communicate effectively with colleagues and business users both written and verbally.
- Strong influencing skills in negotiating solutions with business stakeholders and users.
- Sees developing strong business relationships as a key to success.
- An analytical, methodical, logical approach to problem solving, employing innovative approaches to business and technical challenges.
- Structured and self-disciplined approach to working - able to work on own initiative.
- Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Manages own and others time effectively and demonstrates ability to prioritise work to achieve results.
- Demonstrates sound business judgment.
- Demonstrates continuous learning to expand and build on skill sets.
- Recognisable as a technical lead and “go-to” person for colleagues within and outside own team.
- Demonstrates leadership; initiates improvements and guides others to achieve goals.
- Industry-relevant business experience in the Pharmaceutical, Food and Drink, or other Consumer Products Industry.
- Competence in a second language; Proficiency in Spanish would be useful to support our Latin America and South Africa (LASA) and European businesses. Exposure to BW and SEM.
- Knowledge and understanding of international taxation and trading models.
- Accounting qualifications.
- Experience working in a multi-national, multi-lingual, multi-cultural business environment.
We have a fun, employee-focused culture with a great work environment.
Benefits such as pension, childcare vouchers plus lots of free ice cream!
We will look for ways to help you grow your skill set through cross-functional career opportunities and secondments.
At General Mills, our mission and our values are our strategy for success and our people are the key ingredients in bringing them to life. If you are ready for a new challenge, please click “I'm interested” below!