Assistant Brand Manager
- Dublin, Ireland
One of the world’s leading food companies, General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Häagen-Dazs, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Green Giant, Old El Paso, Yoplait and more. Headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA, General Mills had fiscal 2013 global net sales of US $17.8 billion.
We seek out the best of the best and give them development, support and the chance to lead something big. Choosing a career with us means joining a company that makes a difference for others. There is tremendous opportunity here for people who want to advance the industry, through innovation and nourish the world with quality.
This role will be help support the delivery of Brand activation plans for Market. Leading brands such as Yoplait, Haagen-Dazs, Old El Paso, and Nature Valley as well as supporting the broader team on key projects.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting to the Senior Brand Manager the ABM will work closely with the SBM to develop localised brand activation plans through a consumer first lens.
The incumbent will assume the following set of responsibilities:
Brand Activation Plans:
• Support SBM developing local brand plans.
• Lead Sampling and Event plan for key brands such as Yoplait, Liberte, Haagen-Dazs, Nature Valley and Fibre One
• Lead Diet Season activation with key diet brands Yoplait Superfruitti and Fibre One
• Lead full brand activation for Christmas for Jus Rol pastry
• Work closely with Sales team to develop local customer marketing plans.
Shopper Marketing Champion:
• Lead Key brand execution in store across all Brands.
• Work closely with Sales team and Retailer Marketing
• Embed in TTL campaigns
• Develop key sampling plans
• Localise international creative for Irish market
• Deliver Excellence In Store
Digital and Social Marketing Champion:
• Manage relationship with Media Agency from a Digital & Social perspective
• Work closely with media agency to develop local digital plans and content.
• Liaise with UK to oversee community management on social media
• Report and analyze social media performance and make adjustments to improve performance based on this data
• Support business in delivering key business objectives:
• Work on promotional and BTL campaigns with agencies and customers from briefing through to = implementation.
• Activation of NPD/renovation projects.
This role offers the opportunity to work within a fast moving consumer goods company. The individual will be expected to take responsibility and demonstrate strong initiative.
Experience / Exposure
• 1-2 years experience as ABM
• FMCG marketing experience preferred, but not essential.
• Strong project management skills
• Strong analytical skills (experience of IRI/Nielsen/Kantar is an advantage)
• Business oriented and result driven
• Team player and ability to demonstrate strong cross functional skills
• Ability to be pragmatic and take the initiative
• Excellent communication skills
• Fit with the Company's values: passionate, accurate, results-oriented, high level of integrity, supportive, open, flexible.