Supply Chain Internship - 2017/2018
- Uxbridge, United Kingdom
One of the world’s leading food companies, General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Häagen-Dazs, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Green Giant, Old El Paso, Yoplait and more. Headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA, General Mills had fiscal 2013 global net sales of US $17.8 billion.
We seek out the best of the best and give them development, support and the chance to lead something big. Choosing a career with us means joining a company that makes a difference for others. There is tremendous opportunity here for people who want to advance the industry, through innovation and nourish the world with quality.
Exciting Internship/Graduate opportunity within our Supply Chain Team; for someone interested in starting a career within FMCG - Commencing July 2017 (12 Months)
To support our growth and the agility required in our Supply Chain, we are hiring an intern to provide support to the Customer Supply Chain Team on weekly processes, reporting and Grocery Customer management, whilst identifying opportunities to simplify and take work out. This role will give the candidate an exposure to working with grocery retailers, understanding of the forecasting process to drive an accurate demand plan and develop more understanding on Logistics.
Supporting the team with the monthly forecasting cycle
Supporting the team with promotional planning, tracking and data analysis
Reporting shortages and managing delivery queries for key customers, and for Yoplait specifically managing delivery enquiries for convenience customers.
Investigating daily issues on service to customers.
Supporting the team on data analysis for customers, identifying key insights.
Reviewing customer ordering behaviour and ensuring conformance to agreed terms of Supply.
Manage delivery enquiries for convenience customers.
Weekly & monthly KPIs
NFT delivery/failure tracker
Work to identify opportunities to transfer reporting to GBS. Create briefing documents/scripts to support.
- An interest in an FMCG Career
- A 'Sandwich course' undergraduate or recent graduate from a relevant discipline to the internships listed above: Supply Chain Management/Business Degree
- A desire to learn and expand your skills within a nurturing environment - we'd love to train the superstars of tomorrow.
- A Positive, can-do attitude & proactive nature.
- Someone that enjoys working in an open and collaborative team environment
- Fantastic attention to detail
What's in it for you?
- A fair salary & interesting work
- Plenty of foodie freebies – Haagen Dazs Ice cream & Yoplait Yogurt available all day, every day!
- Casual Dress Code – Jeans & Trainers permitted
- Regular social events – Summer BBQ’s and Christmas Parties
- Early Friday finish at 3:00pm (At our Head office in West London)
If you would like to apply for one of our internship positions click below to forward your CV, along with a cover letter to us, specifying which internship opportunity you are applying for here at General Mills.
We look forward to you joining our team!