Customer Logistics Manager
- Uxbridge, United Kingdom
One of the world’s leading food companies, General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Häagen-Dazs, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Green Giant, Old El Paso, Yoplait and more. Headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA, General Mills had fiscal 2013 global net sales of US $17.8 billion.
We seek out the best of the best and give them development, support and the chance to lead something big. Choosing a career with us means joining a company that makes a difference for others. There is tremendous opportunity here for people who want to advance the industry, through innovation and nourish the world with quality.
The objective of this role is to drive the performance of General Mills’ products within one or more of the UK’s Top 5 Retailers. This role delivers this, not only by the work of the individual but also through a Customer Demand Planner who you will be responsible for managing.
The role focuses on: -
- Demand Planning & Demand plan accuracy for your customer for base, promotion and event performance.
- Shaping & Delivering Engagement with your Customer(s) – The role is accountable for shaping the engagement with the customer but also for delivering that overall strategy
- Customer Logistics – Develop and deliver Supply chain improvements for the customer.
- Managing a Customer Demand planner
- This role will be instrumental in delivering General Mills customer engagement strategy.
The candidate’s key responsibilities associated with this position will be as follows:
Collaborative demand planning for all base and events for your customer, having overall accountability for our supply chain KPI’s for your customer.
- Working with the commercial team and brand planner, generating base and promotional volumes
for all customer promotions.
- Validation promotional volumes using historic data to corroborate and challenge the forecast to improve accuracy, incorporating the use of customer data including stocks and EPOS sales data.
- Leading Forecast Review meetings with the Commercial team
- Review of performance to improve forecast accuracy
- Responsible for planning and agreeing NPD launches with your customer and internally with sales.
- Collaborate internally and externally with key stakeholders to achieve excellent forecast
accuracy and service level to your customer.
- Drive best practice and adherence to the business cycle, supporting not only the monthly
but annual forecasting processes.
- Always looking for improvement in ways of working using high level of analysis to meet KPI targets.
Shaping & Delivering Engagement with your Customer(s)
- Work with Customer Services manager & Commercial Director to define/ shape the Supply Chain strategy relevant for your customer. Deliver that strategy through your own work and that of your direct report.
- Establish and build strong and influential relationships with your customers supply chain at the relevant level, leading regular collaborative review meetings with customer’s supply chain.
- Drive service right through to shelf
Customer Logistics – Develop and deliver Supply chain improvements for the customer.
- Always looking to improve, identifying and delivering ways to improve efficiency, eliminate waste and drive service.
- Responsible for managing Customer Demand Planning, Setting clear priorities
for the team/ manage the team performance & development.
- Work with other Customer Logistics Managers to ensure processes internally are standardised and improved for all for managing Customers, and supporting Customisation where required.
- Work across the business and Supply chain to support or drive adhoce/ improvement projects as required.
- Proven success in Customer Facing Demand planning role within an FMCG or Retailer environment
- Experience and knowledge of key grocers
- Knowledge and experience of dealing with Retailer systems and processes
- Knowledge of SAP/ APO or TPM systems
- Experience of influencing stakeholders and customers to deliver change projects
Required: Work Attributes/Qualities
- Excellent interpersonal & influencing skills with ability to constructively challenge & build great relationships.
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally and drive change.
- Performance driven with a Continuous Improvement mind set and ability to look longer term.
- Proactive approach
- Collaborative approach to teamwork.
- Ability to multitask, prioritise and consistently achieve tight deadlines
- Strong quantitative and computer skills (Microsoft office package)
- Strong analytical skills, root cause management to improve demand and supply KPIs