Sourcing Category Leader (Indirect) – Marketing
- Uxbridge, United Kingdom
Food. Purpose. You.
We serve the world by making food people love. As one of the world’s leading food companies, General Mills believes that food should make us better. Food brings us joy and nourishes our lives, connecting us to each other and the earth. General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Häagen-Dazs, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Green Giant, Old El Paso, Yoplait and more. Headquartered in Minneapolis, General Mills had global net sales of US$16.6 billion during fiscal 2016.
We seek out the best talent, then give them development resources, support and the chance to lead something big. Choosing a career with General Mills means joining a company where you can make a difference in the lives of millions of people. There is tremendous opportunity here for individuals who want to advance food through innovation and serve the world.
Important Note: Job Location is in our Nyon HQ (close to Geneva), Switzerland
This role, while based in Switzerland, is part of our Supply Chain team, responsible for leading Marketing indirect spend across ALL brands and categories in EU/AU to identify areas to unlock value and implement best practice. The Sourcing Leader will effectively engage and partner with key stakeholders in Marketing to support the organization in optimising spend on all Marketing related goods and services. You will develop sourcing category strategies to meet business needs, align the category to best practices, and create effective synergies across the globe; manage a spend pool of 100+ million for key areas- Advertising, Packaging Design, PR, Promotions and Research/Insights Data.
- Develop & align holistic category strategies for all assigned areas in order to drive competitive advantage through productivity and innovation initiatives.
- Lead core project teams through a structured sourcing process (category strategy, planning, RF(x), negotiations, supplier selection) that leads to successful commercialization of partnerships
- Assess vendor/contract issues and risks - recommend mitigation strategies
- Increase competitive advantage for GMI through advantaged partnership agreements, competitive rates, and proactive partner management
- Work with key cost center owners to support them managing their costs and with key supplier negotiations
- Ensure all reporting of financial results meet GM requirements and work Finance to ensure transparency of numbers
- Document category strategies for key Marketing spends in the region that outline a roadmap to best in class. Aligned key stakeholders on the strategy
- Ensure all dealings with suppliers are conducted with ethics and integrity and comply with General Mills corporate guidelines.
- Establish metrics, processes and procedures, and partner governance management model to ensure optimum service, performance, and pricing.
- University degree in Business, Supply Chain, Finance or related field
- Experience in Sourcing with some exposure to a Marketing environment required
- Indirect spend management in experience across multiple Marketing (Advertising, Packaging Design, PR, Promotions, Research/Insights Data, Media, etc.) spend categories
- Exposure to Food, FMCG or Pharmaceutical industries preferably in a ‘Regional Environment Setting ’
- Track record of working with external partners and stakeholders spread across multi locations, to partners to drive initiatives
- Demonstrated track record of understanding strategic sourcing with the ability to lead supplier negotiations, contracts and manage change processes cross functionally
- Exposure to various sourcing courses including supplier management, negotiation & influencing
- Formal qualifications in Procurement is an advantage
- Proven negotiation experience with delivering savings from suppliers as well as influencing key internal stakeholders
- A consultative approach, ability to lead and work in various cross functional teams and effective collaboration with key suppliers.
- Proven ability to connect business needs with latest industry trends and best practice.
- Computer literacy in ERP systems (preferably SAP) and Microsoft Office.
- Ability to proposes, champions and leads critical, demanding HMM projects to completion
- Excellent project management skills and ability to prioritize tasks and projects
- Fluent in English with advance knowledge of French, a plus.
What will you get from us?
- Joining General Mills is your chance to be part of a fun and collaborative team - a small team in a big company! Our robust projects give you the opportunity to make an immediate impact as you learn and grow in preparation for your future. You will interact with senior leaders, build a professional network, and create lasting friendships. Benefits include 25 days holiday + bank holidays, good pension plan, flexible Friday, and free ice-cream!