Category Development Manager
- Uxbridge, United Kingdom
Food. Purpose. You.
We serve the world by making food people love. As one of the world’s leading food companies, General Mills believes that food should make us better. Food brings us joy and nourishes our lives, connecting us to each other and the earth. General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Häagen-Dazs, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Green Giant, Old El Paso, Yoplait and more. Headquartered in Minneapolis, General Mills had global net sales of US$17.6 billion during fiscal 2016.
Develop and own the Category Management relationship with 2 major multiples by implementing and customising our Category vision, drivers and tactics.
Job-holder will manage 2 Major customers across a breadth of categories, plus provision of service as necessary to other minor accounts/sectors.
Role & Responsibilities
• Analyse and interpret trends from Category, Shopper and Commercial data to identify category growth, brand and distribution opportunities and risks Translate identified opportunities into a clear call-to-action
• Establish & build on-going effective relationships with key external contacts to establish Yoplait as a Trusted Category Advisor ( Captain/Partner/Advisor)
• Own the development & sell-in of customer–specific plans and tactics with regards to range & space management (range reviews / NPD support / new listings / distribution gains / de-list defence etc). Maintain clear & aligned communications with Business Unit Controller or Business Account Manager
• Provide objective & compelling recommendation s & evaluations for all core retailer range reviews , to include: Range / Space / Merchandising / Macro Space / segment flow, which reflect Best Practice knowledge
• Evaluate the effectiveness of promotional activity to establish key leanings and future opportunities.
• Create the necessary Category input to 3 year plans, brand plans (including NPD), account plans, Joint Business plans and promotional plans. Contribute to Yoplait’s overall Category and Point-of-Purchase vision.
• Liaise effectively with Managers across the organization (especially Marketing, Commercial and Finance) to ensure alignment of plans and actions.
• Support/lead the development & adoption of Company-wide or category-wide projects ( e.g. Best Practice Merchandising, Fixture Blueprints, Cross-functional initiatives )
Candidates will ideally possess the following attributes:
• Educated to degree level.
• 3-4 years FMCG Category Management experience.
• Proven record of making a difference to customer performance through personal Category Management initiatives
• Vision and breadth of understanding to appreciate the overall business/commercial context and
the role of Category within it – not merely a technocrat
• Financially astute
• Strong numerate and analytic skills with ability to probe numbers for trends, insights and
opportunities, and translate into logical, concise and clear recommendations
• Excellent IT skills – able to prepare interest-grabbing ‘to-the-point’ presentations
• Use of IRI/Nielsen, Kantar and retailer analytic databases
• Confident verbal presenter with strong influencing skills
• Team player
What will you get from us?
We have a fun, employee-focused culture with a great work environment
Benefits such as private healthcare, pension, 25 days annual leave, childcare vouchers plus lots of free ice cream!
We will look for ways to help you grow your skill set through cross-functional career opportunities and secondments.
At General Mills, our mission and our values are our strategy for success and our people are the key ingredients in bringing them to life. If you are ready for a new challenge, please click “I'm interested” below!