Associate Supply Chain Manager
- Anseong-si, Korea, republic of
One of the world’s leading food companies, General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Häagen-Dazs, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Green Giant, Old El Paso, Yoplait and more. Headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA, General Mills had fiscal 2013 global net sales of US $17.8 billion.
Since 1996, General Mills India has been offering an innovative range of food products. Our business consists of four verticals: Retail Sales, Bakeries & Food Services (B&FS), Exports & Haagen-Dazs Shops. Our brands in India include Pillsbury, Betty Crocker, Pamapara, Green Giant, Nature Valley & Haagen Dazs.
Position Title Key Responsibilities
Management of Vendors, Procurement & sourcing of ingredients and materials, Internal warehousing, Inventory, Supply Planning & internal logistics processes. Ensure the food safety, regulatory compliance and quality of General Mills’. The role is internal customer facing and is characterized by continuous improvement.
Core responsibilities for the position would include:
• Receive the rolling sales forecast from different internal customers
• Translate the rolling forecast in validate production plan to meet customer requirement
• Contribute in strategy development & execution for procurement, Inventory management, cost optimization (HMM - Holistic Margin Management)
• Work with cross functional teams & leaders (Marketing, Sales, Demand Planning, Finance) for developing consensus on product and inventory levels
• Establish & implement productive communication and information sharing with all key interface
• Develop and Implement continuous improvement plans & validate performance
• Supplier selection and collaboration for company policies, procedures and programs; including food safety, regulatory & quality compliance
• Materials planning with suppliers, sourcing ingredients at right cost, right time
• Identify alternate sources of supply, Influence procurement on sourcing strategies
• Establish, implement & own business processes in Supply Chain management
• Lead daily, weekly & monthly planning process, variance analysis & improvement plans
• Key Performance Indicators :
o Case Fill Rate (CFR)
o Delivered in full on time (DIFOT)
o Inventory Days Cover
o Stock Risk
o Write Off
o On time materials in plant
o Material Costs, sourcing pricing variances
• At least 5-7 years working experience in similar capacity
• Good understanding and knowledge of planning and inventory components of supply chain, sourcing and materials planning
• Dynamic and adept in translating business needs into meaningful supply chain solutions
• Action oriented, resourceful, collaborative and possess an analytical frame of mind
• Exceptional interpersonal skills, communication (both written and oral), presentation, influencing and conflict management.
• Fluent in both written and spoken English and Native Korean.
• commercial mindset to understand diverse business
Within General Mills we are expected to role model our values:
Do the right thing all the time: Ensure all dealings are transparent and conducted with ethics & integrity. All contracts meet audit & risk requirements for life of contract.
Play to Win: Deliver exceptional value for the customers and delivering on the commitments. Always putting consumer first. Win as a Team Build open & trusting work relationships. Respecting & Embracing differences and working across boundaries to get the best outcome for the company.
Grow and Inspire: Inspire people to be their best - not only at General Mills but also in our community. Building diverse teams and empowering them to make a difference.
Act Boldly, Move Quickly: Seek improvements in every area of the company. Quickly sense & respond to risks & opportunities. Take decisive actions on critical priorities.