Assistant Manager - Demand Planning
- Mumbai, Mumbai, Maharashtra
Headquartered in Minnesota, US, General Mills, with $17 billion in net sales (2016) and more than 44,000 employees worldwide, is in the top 10 largest food companies in the world. We are the world's sixth largest food company with trusted brands like Cheerios, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Annie's Organic Snacks, Haagen-Dazs and many, many more. Visit www.generalmills.com for more information on us.
In India, our trusted brands like Pillsbury and Betty Crocker found it's way into every household. Working professionals who are on-the-go relish our Nature Valley products. And for those who enjoy the finer things in life, indulge in our super-premium ice-cream, Haagen-Dazs. Our goal is is to serve delightful, innovative products to Indians who are seeking newer food experiences.
We have a "Mind of a Multinational & Heart of a Start-up". We strive towards our goal by combining our global best practices in technology and food expertise with strong local market manufacturing and go-to-market capabilities.We are a fortune 100 multinational company, yet we operate with the freedom, energy and agility of a start-up. We take great pride in our people and have been ranked as the No.1 food company to work with in India by the Economic Times - Great Place To Work Institute in 2016.
- Execute the demand planning process for India across various Business Units (Snacks, Haagen Dazs, Bakeries & Food Service, Atta and Exports)
- Work with Sales and/or Marketing, and lead Consensus; resolve demand-related queries
- Work closely with Marketing, Sales, and Supply Planning to help manage new product introductions, re-stages and discontinuations
- Drive improvement in forecast accuracy by analysing existing processes and making recommendations; drive tracking of performance of SKUs.
- Review of weekly sales against forecast. Issues identified where volume fluctuations are out of range determined.
- Create and monitor a statistical forecast in SAP or an alternate ERP.
- Utilize existing exception management and develop new exception management to drive improvement in forecast accuracy.
- Work closely with Supply Chain representatives to resolve product deletion issues related to forecast accuracy. Must remain flexible and willing to react quickly to real and perceived forecast issues.
- Collaborate with Sales and Key Customers to incorporate customer specific information into the forecast.
- Drive continuous improvement by examining existing demand planning processes and making recommendations for improvement.
- Maximize the forecasting technologies available.
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering / Science / Commerce
Master’s Degree in Supply Chain
2-3 years of Demand planning experience in consumer-packaged goods industry.