Assistant Accounting Manager
- Robinson Rd, Singapore
One of the world’s leading food companies, General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Häagen-Dazs, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Green Giant, Old El Paso, Yoplait and more. Headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA.
For this role would be responsible in executing all accounting related activities which includes monthly general ledger close process, financial reporting, and analytical reviews and variances explanations. The incumbent hired for this position will be the first contact person for preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual reporting deliverables (both internal and external), lead special projects and drive process improvements to help strengthen the Firm’s internal controls and overall accounting function. There will be one Account Receivable account executive, reporting to this position.
- Prepare financial statements, supporting schedules according to month-end close schedule, ensuring completeness and accuracy of adjustments and accruals.
- Review and Ensure daily shop postings are accurate, including revenue recognition, café operating cost review.
- In charge of the Accounts Payables to ensure accurate and timely.
- Perform analytical review of financial results and understand factors driving variances.
- Prepare internal financial reports on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis, including footnote and financial table preparation in US GAAP.
- Support the maintenance of general and subsidiary ledgers, accounts receivable, accounts payable, revenue distribution, fixed assets and depreciation, operating expenses, and insurance records.
- Prepare and/or review monthly balance sheet and expense account reconciliations to ensure balances are properly stated, complete and accurate.
- Reconcile bank accounts each month.
- Prepare periodic cash forecasts.
- Respond to internal and external data requests and auditor queries, as necessary.
- Lead and execute the year end Standard Cost upload.
- Standard Cost update for new SKUs as and when available
- Supervise the Accounts Receivable function to ensure collections and Trade Claims are accurate and timely
- Develop and implement best-practice policies, procedures, and internal controls for accounting operations, financial management, budgeting, and payroll functions.
- Participate in personal training and direct accounting staff cross-training, as needed.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships. Work as a financial partner with business areas
- Minimum of 5 years of financial reporting or relevant audit experience.
- Rich experience across different areas of accounts is the plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Strong understanding of accounting theory, US GAAP and the ability to apply concepts to specific situations.
- Proven analytical and organizational skills with the ability to research and reconcile difficult accounts.
- Team player possessing ability to work collaboratively with all levels within and outside of the firm.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities while working under tight deadlines.
- Advanced computer skills, including strong Microsoft Office; Experience with v-lookup and pivot tables
Within General Mills we are expected to role model our values:
Do the right thing all the time: Ensure all dealings are transparent and conducted with ethics & integrity. All contracts meet audit & risk requirements for life of contract.
Play to Win: Deliver exceptional value for the customers and delivering on the commitments. Always putting consumer first. Win as a Team Build open & trusting work relationships. Respecting & Embracing differences and working across boundaries to get the best outcome for the company.
Grow and Inspire: Inspire people to be their best - not only at General Mills but also in our community. Building diverse teams and empowering them to make a difference.
Act Boldly, Move Quickly: Seek improvements in every area of the company. Quickly sense & respond to risks & opportunities. Take decisive actions on critical priorities.