- Kuala Lumpur, Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur
One of the world’s leading food companies, General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Häagen-Dazs, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Green Giant, Old El Paso, Yoplait and more. Headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA, General Mills had fiscal 2013 global net sales of US $17.8 billion.
Since 1996, General Mills India has been offering an innovative range of food products. Our business consists of four verticals: Retail Sales, Bakeries & Food Services (B&FS), Exports & Haagen-Dazs Shops. Our brands in SEA include Pillsbury, Betty Crocker, Nature Valley & Haagen Dazs.
Key responsibilities :
Liaise on Banking matters
Cash flow position and projection
Perform ad-hoc projects and reports
Monitoring and work with shared service for accounts payable and general ledger process
Account Payable (AP)
- Run standard costing
- Handle full spectrum of Accounts Payable functions (prepare weekly payment, cheque deposit, vendor master data, Month end reports, reconciliations, documents filling)
- Handle GST filling
- Review and guide AP transactions posted by Shared Service (e.g. staff claims, shop petty cash claims, GST coding)
- Resolve long open item with PO raisers and CG team
- Prepare monthly sales report to mall management
- Provide support for internal and external audits.
- To ensure all procedures comply with the company standards and policies
- Monthly meeting with CG-AP & GL
- Respond to inquiries from internal employees and outside vendors regarding accounts payable and related matters.
- Review & prepare month end closing journal
- Review monthly financial statement including Balance sheet reconciliation
- Release & monitor shops voucher
- Able to drive business process improvement initiatives and ad-hoc projects as delegated
Ideal candidate should have at least 3 years of professional experience
At least a diploma in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration and above.
Proficiency in English (both written and spoken).
Able to build strong relationship and active partnering at all levels.
Competent in SAP, MS Excel and Power Point.
Good knowledge of local accounting standards and tax regulations.
Able to work with minimum supervision.
Within General Mills we are expected to role model our values:
Do the right thing all the time: Ensure all dealings are transparent and conducted with ethics & integrity. All contracts meet audit & risk requirements for life of contract.
Play to Win: Deliver exceptional value for the customers and delivering on the commitments. Always putting consumer first. Win as a Team Build open & trusting work relationships. Respecting & Embracing differences and working across boundaries to get the best outcome for the company.
Grow and Inspire: Inspire people to be their best - not only at General Mills but also in our community. Building diverse teams and empowering them to make a difference.
Act Boldly, Move Quickly: Seek improvements in every area of the company. Quickly sense & respond to risks & opportunities. Take decisive actions on critical priorities.