Area Sales Manager - Punjab
- Chandigarh, India
Headquartered in Minnesota, US, General Mills, with $17 billion in net sales (2016) and more than 44,000 employees worldwide, is in the top 10 largest food companies in the world. We are the world's sixth largest food company with trusted brands like Cheerios, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Annie's Organic Snacks, Haagen-Dazs and many, many more. Visit www.generalmills.com for more information on us.
In India, our trusted brands like Pillsbury and Betty Crocker found it's way into every household. Working professionals who are on-the-go relish our Nature Valley products. And for those who enjoy the finer things in life, indulge in our super-premium ice-cream, Haagen-Dazs. Our goal is is to serve delightful, innovative products to Indians who are seeking newer food experiences.
We have a "Mind of a Multinational & Heart of a Start-up". We strive towards our goal by combining our global best practices in technology and food expertise with strong local market manufacturing and go-to-market capabilities.We are a fortune 100 multinational company, yet we operate with the freedom, energy and agility of a start-up. We take great pride in our people and have been ranked as the No.1 food company to work with in India by the Economic Times - Great Place To Work Institute in 2016
Position: Area Sales Manager - Traditional Trade, Retail
This position is responsible for achieving retailing and primary targets of the territory assigned in the most cost-effective manner – through efficient and effective deployment of funds, hiring and retaining the best possible WBs and optimal deployment and utilization of manpower.
This role will be responsible for:-
- Developing Sales plans and budgets to achieve or exceed the annual sales objectives for the Area. Monitor and control the sales budget to ensure optimum utilization of resources in the region. Responsible for accurate SKU forecast for assigned area.
- Generating top line growth, volumes & sales of company products in the area through a team of salesmen in order to achieve or exceed the annual targets
- Benchmarking competitor activity and finding new opportunities to increase penetration in the area
- Developing and maintaining efficient and optimum distribution & DSM network to ensure the comprehensive availability of company’s products and services across the region to achieve or exceed the sales targets
- Ensuring that adequate inventory stock of product is maintained for the area in order to meet the sales delivery schedules and providing the distributors with superior levels of service and meet the needs of the customer
- Ensuring visibility of our products and liaising with the Marketing team to ensure adequate marketing support by way of merchandising and promotions in the area for successful new product launches, increase in brand visibility and promoting sales in the area
- Responsible for recruitment, induction, development & retention of frontline sales talent
- Marketing –Scheme communication & competitor activity
- MSM team – Schemes, Promotions & Stocks
- Quality assurance – Quality complaints, issues etc
- Regional Commercial Team
- CFAs, WBs, Retailers, and Consumers
- Promotion agencies – for local promotions
- A full-time MBA with specialization in Sales and Marketing
- Preferably with 3-4 years of experience
- Must have worked in FMCG companies