- Nashik, India
Headquartered in Minnesota, US, General Mills, with $17 billion in net sales (2016) and more than 44,000 employees worldwide, is in the top 10 largest food companies in the world. We are the world's sixth largest food company with trusted brands like Cheerios, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Annie's Organic Snacks, Haagen-Dazs and many, many more. Visit www.generalmills.com for more information on us.
In India, our trusted brands like Pillsbury and Betty Crocker found it's way into every household. Working professionals who are on-the-go relish our Nature Valley products. And for those who enjoy the finer things in life, indulge in our super-premium ice-cream, Haagen-Dazs. Our goal is is to serve delightful, innovative products to Indians who are seeking newer food experiences.
We have a "Mind of a Multinational & Heart of a Start-up". We strive towards our goal by combining our global best practices in technology and food expertise with strong local market manufacturing and go-to-market capabilities.We are a fortune 100 multinational company, yet we operate with the freedom, energy and agility of a start-up. We take great pride in our people and have been ranked as the No.1 food company to work with in India by the Economic Times - Great Place To Work Institute in 2016
Position: Operations Manager, Nashik Plant, India
Reporting to: Plant Manager, Nashik
Lead the Site Operations to ensure that the manufacturing facility delivers as per plan throughout the year with Safety, Quality, Service along with minimal disruptions and at planned cost. Responsible for all manufacturing & maintenance related activities in the plant. Be a Key member of the Plant Management Team.
This role will be responsible:-
- To ensure implementation of policies and procedures in the manufacturing activities.
- To comply with all statutory requirements (DISH, MSEB, MPCB, MIDC, etc) & Safety policies and instigate work practices which results in a Safe & Healthy workplace.
- To maintain effective shop floor discipline and to achieve the best results from the available resources.
- To maintain machinery to ensure optimum availability, minimal downtime, maximum efficiency and maximum capacity utilization.
- To maintain the set quality standards in the Manufacturing department i.e. CGMP, HACCP & other quality requirements.
- To ensure that the manufacturing facility achieves its production targets as per rolling plan and dispatch schedules as per laid down quality specifications.
- To work upon major infrastructure projects like plant layout changes, installation of capital equipment’s, capacity & capability enhancement.
- To monitor & increase the productivity through continuous process improvements in the manufacturing area.
- To formulate & implement the preventive maintenance program and ensure any breakdowns are attended to promptly.
- To control and monitor manufacturing expenses, through the incorporation of systems and regular inspection.
- To formulate and update the manufacturing process documents, in consultation with the Plant Manager.
- To identify benchmarks for various manufacturing activities and implement steps and processes to take our processes to those benchmarks.
- To recruit, train, develop and manage performance of Operations Staff
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering – Electrical, Mechanical or Chemical.
- Master’s degree or MBA in Operations discipline will be preferred.
- 12-15 years of relevant work experience in Manufacturing Operations preferably in the FMCG, Beverages, Pharmaceuticals or other Consumer Goods industries.
- Demonstrated track record of successfully implementing strategic partnership development, team building, performance management & change management for teams.
- Exceptional communication skills, influencing skills, conflict management and resilience.