Business Development Officer/ Business Development Executive -Across Various Locations in India
- Mumbai, India
Headquartered in Minnesota, US, General Mills, with $17 billion in net sales (2016) and more than 44,000 employees worldwide, is in the top 10 largest food companies in the world. We are the world's sixth largest food company with trusted brands like Cheerios, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Annie's Organic Snacks, Haagen-Dazs and many, many more. Visit www.generalmills.com for more information on us.
In India, our trusted brands like Pillsbury and Betty Crocker found it's way into every household. Working professionals who are on-the-go relish our Nature Valley products. And for those who enjoy the finer things in life, indulge in our super-premium ice-cream, Haagen-Dazs. Our goal is is to serve delightful, innovative products to Indians who are seeking newer food experiences.
We have a "Mind of a Multinational & Heart of a Start-up". We strive towards our goal by combining our global best practices in technology and food expertise with strong local market manufacturing and go-to-market capabilities.We are a fortune 100 multinational company, yet we operate with the freedom, energy and agility of a start-up. We take great pride in our people and have been ranked as the No.1 food company to work with in India by the Economic Times - Great Place To Work Institute in 2016
Position: Business Development Officer/ Business Development Executive - Bakeries
OPPORTUNITY AVAILABLE ACROSS VARIOUS LOCATIONS IN INDIA
This position will be responsible for distribution and promotion through concept selling of premixes to Bakeries, Hotels and other outlets in order to achieve or exceed Sales Targets.
This role will be responsible for:
- Achieving monthly, quarterly and annual business targets for the area. This will include value / volume objectives, distribution targets and aligning with sales policies & strategies.
- Identifying prospective customers and maintaining consistency with a cost effective journey plan.
- Achieving volume targets by product group. Extending product distribution and usage in all potential customers and increasing volume sales.
- Building knowledge of all facets of B&FS market, including new selling/ application techniques, consumer needs and customer business issues. Understanding the importance of major territory outlets by product group and their overall importance to territory target achievement
- Organizing and maintaining an effective admin system which includes Customer Record cards, Daily call reports, Expenses, Work plan and meet deadlines.
- Ensuring that all receivables are in accordance with Company’s credit policy.
- Organizing and implementing demonstrations / exhibitions to further capitalize on the opportunities for the B&FS business.
- Motivating distributor / salesmen to increase sales of the product
- Ensuring implementation of promotions and managing WB stocks, claims and outstanding as per norms
- Suggest and implement innovative ideas to create excitement around the brand and increase sales through local promotions, display contests etc.
- Graduate/MBA preferably in Hotel Management.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in FMCG – B2B Sales or Hospitality Industry
- Knowledge of catering or bakery processes preferred