Key Account Manager(National) - India
- Mumbai, India
Headquartered in Minnesota, US, General Mills, with $17 billion in net sales (2016) and more than 44,000 employees worldwide, is in the top 10 largest food companies in the world. We are the world's sixth largest food company with trusted brands like Cheerios, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Annie's Organic Snacks, Haagen-Dazs and many, many more. Visit www.generalmills.com for more information on us.
In India, our trusted brands like Pillsbury and Betty Crocker found it's way into every household. Working professionals who are on-the-go relish our Nature Valley products. And for those who enjoy the finer things in life, indulge in our super-premium ice-cream, Haagen-Dazs. Our goal is is to serve delightful, innovative products to Indians who are seeking newer food experiences.
We have a "Mind of a Multinational & Heart of a Start-up". We strive towards our goal by combining our global best practices in technology and food expertise with strong local market manufacturing and go-to-market capabilities.We are a fortune 100 multinational company, yet we operate with the freedom, energy and agility of a start-up. We take great pride in our people and have been ranked as the No.1 food company to work with in India by the Economic Times - Great Place To Work Institute in 2016
This position is responsible for National Key Accounts (Modern Format Stores).Maintaining relationships with key accounts in order to achieve profitable results. Benchmarking competitors and suggesting business strategies for the growth of existing / new businesses line with the objective of achieving exponential penetration and profitability with Key Accounts.
This role will be responsible for :-
- Formulating the modern trade sales strategy & ambitious growth plans in line with business strategy.
- Building long term relationships with strategic partners and negotiating favorable terms of trade with them.
- Designing trade marketing and trade promotion interventions with the modern trade sales strategy and overall business strategy.
- Developing category management strategies to enhance selling effectiveness.
- Driving breakthrough visibility for our categories through formulating future ready merchandising and planogramming strategies.
- Formulating effective sales policies and procedures specific to the modern trade channel.
- Achieving planned sales by channel and customer.
- Ensuring effective spends in driving sales and strengthening our brands.
- Creating strategies and making recommendation in driving strategic brand sales
- Launching new products as per plan within allocated budgets/ resources
· With Marketing – Targets, Promotions, Launches etc.
· With Operations – S&OP planning, logistics, stock levels etc.
· With R&D and QA – Consumer feedback, Quality feedback etc.
· Heads/ Decision Makers of Modern Format Stores
· Promotion agencies – for local promotion
- Minimum qualification: MBA in Marketing from a reputed B-School
- Overall Sales & Marketing work experience of more than 4 years with minimum 1 year of experience as National Key Account Manager in FMCG/FMCD companies
- Strong business acumen, strategic thinking and analytical rigour
- Excellent negotiation, communication & people management skills